Why won't Trichomes turn Amber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why won't Trichomes turn Amber

I'm growing in soil under leds. I'm not sure of the strain, but I'm having a hard time seeing many trichomes turn amber. I'm using a 50x scope, so I'm getting a good view. I harvested one plant when I saw the first amber trichome 12 weeks after changing lights to the 12 on 12 off cycle. There were still around 30% clear trichomes. I have a clone from that plant (see photos) that I am trying to wait a little longer to harvest to see if I can tell any difference in the potency or effect. It is past week 14 now and although the buds look ok, the plant otherwise looks almost dead in places. The trichomes are maybe 10% still clear. The rest are cloudy with an occasional amber one (maybe 1%.) I'm wondering if this is a characteristic of this particular strain and not many trichomes will ever turn amber no matter how long I wait. I also read that if you flush too early before harvest, then it could take longer to complete the flowering cycle. I had some problems with nutrient burn in late flowering on the previously harvested mother of this clone. So, I started giving this plant water only about 5 weeks ago. Did I screw up when I did this? Any other ideas? Judging from the photos, should I chop this girl down?

I'd harvest her, she looks done or very close to it from what I can see. Waiting for too much amber can make her a harsh smoke, milky all over and a few amber is what I'll be looking for this year, waited too long last year.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X