First Setup Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Setup Advice

Hello. I've been planning my first setup, and was hoping for some advice, pointers and criticism. I've attached a photo of the space I have. The top drawer I'm planning to use for electronics. It will have an 8 plug surge protected extension lead in there, a 4" inline fan (199m3/hr) with ducting leading out of the cupboard and down into the cupboard (attached to a 4" carbon filter , 350m3/hr). There will be 5 CFL's hanging from the ceiling (height adjustable) to give an even spread of light, and the walls of the bottom area will be covered in Mylar sheeting. I know I need intake as well, but I'm not sure how to implement this so that there isn't any light leakage? Is there anything else I need to think about?

Thanks!

For your intake, use a 4@ hole-saw blade to make a hole to insert the ducting into, seal it up with caulk/tape then have your inline fan connecte. I use a filter for my intake to keep the air being pumped in as clean as possible and that also eliminates light. If you didn’t want to attach a filter just put a couple bends in the ducting to keep the light from going through. It looks like you’ve thought this out, only thing I’d recommend is to do a grow or two to make sure it’s something you want to do long term before sinking too much into it. The cost can pile up quickly and if you decide you’d rather purchase your own bud instead of growing it you’re stuck with the equipment you bought.

Comment

Howdy diyDope, What method are You planning to grow in (soil, coco, or hydro) and what wattage of CFL's (with or with out reflectors) are You planning on using? With the height shown, there will need to be a lot of training to keep the plants out of the lights. I have had plants grow to over 1.5 meters tall in my grows. I am using 210 watts over each of my reservoirs and if I do not stay on top of it, the plants will (and have) grow up into the lamps.
      As for the air intake and light leaks, place the inlet as low as possible and cover the hole with an elbow (similar to a dryer exhaust vent cover) the opening facing down and the inside painted flat black (to prevent reflections). the elbow can be made from cardboard, or something similar.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X