Proof of Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof of Success

As a new grower and older, wiser over-achiever, I knew I was gonna smoke from my first harvest before it was ready and BOY AM I GLAD I DID!
    Why? Because science!
    A superior chef tastes the food as the dish progresses. Same goes for curing weed. If I really want seed to table, I gotta experience what each stage is - even knowing it's gonna be a bad hay-day
    I can't know what well-cured with my own hands is unless I know what not well-cured tastes like.
    When it had achieved the 61% I was shooting for, my first crop weighed 1.25oz on my cooking scale (less than the 2.7 oz the bowl I weighed it in weighs, LOL) and it went into a jar yesterday morning.

I've been snagging a taste each day since it was dry enough to catch on fire, first thing in the morning, 3 or 4 days.
    Holy mother nature. What a difference a day makes and it still has several to go.

This morning I misplaced my breakfast, lol.

ps: really wish I could share it with all of you because without every one of you, it wouldn't be this good.

I have tasted them at every stage. From microwaved fan leaves to six month cured. I've heard things described as "its all good some better than others". Pretty much covers it. Depends on your situation. Have a great grow !!
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eliot Pryor View Post
      I have tasted them at every stage. From microwaved fan leaves to six month cured. I've heard things described as "its all good some better than others". Pretty much covers it. Depends on your situation. Have a great grow !!
      I'm smoking on almost year old stuff, a tad dry, and has lost a little potency (or my tolerance has grown) but still good weed!

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        AccidentalGardener commented
        Editing a comment
        If anything lasted a year here, it would be because the jar got lost behind the TV or the microwave :P

• Smerft85
        Smerft85 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had enough I was giving away qp's to friends, still have enough to last me till February and I'll have a new harvest soon, I'll probably make butter out of the rest of the old batch.

Remember at and above 55% humidity, mold can grow!
      Over the years I have smoked out of the patch many times, once we got lost after twisting some dead bud, damn good smoke!

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        If I got "lost" in my "patch", stoned or no, I'd have a bigger problem than just being lost, LOL. I am burping my jar. Singular, as in one jar. (but the other plant is down now and hanging in the tent with the lights off - 72F steady and 50% rh)

I haven't yet sampled anything on a plant since I began growing. But have sampled fresh bud at the chop and then again occasionally during the cure. I have about an oz of my original grow left. Still is a nice smooth smoke at a little over a year old.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        Nothing off the bush, because I am not a masochist, lol. I quit smoking cigs a few years back and I hate the gross coughing part.

Gotta tell ya AccidentalGardener I’ve discovered something about myself since I began to grow cannabis. I don’t want to hurt the plant. I came to this realization after reading the book What a Plant Knows. I talk to my plants and apologize when I pluck a leaf or a stem. And the anguish felt when topping them, well that requires some help from the herb itself, if you get my drift.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I can barely thin out the carrots. Deadheading the flowers is about as aggressive as I like to get. I talk to all the plants and an assortment of animals, too. I'm not out in the bush, either. I'm in a neighborhood near a large park and waterfall, so lots of animals pass through. This morning 3 deer and a raccoon in broad daylight. The neighbors think I am talking to myself and that's okay with me. Keeps 'em over in their yard, lol.

• Smerft85
        Smerft85 commented
        Editing a comment
        And here I am treating my girls like they're into sodomy! They like it rough I guess.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X