Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branches keep breaking off

Hey folks,

how is it growing? so this is my second grow (my first one wasn't a success either). The strain I am growing is fastbuds lsd-25 (indica). I am in week 5 atm and during the growing process, I realized that the plant looks different than expected (for example lsd-25 has small fan leaves but mine is the biggest I have ever seen). Plus when I did some LST the main stem got bend pretty sharp so I panicked and tried to lose the LST but the stem was so soft that it got another gash. Luckily, the stem didn't break off completely and I taped it around sticks and it worked. However, whenever I try to inspect leaves and LST the branches kept breaking off. I don't why this strain is so soft that with a slight touch the branches break off.

Do you guys have any ideas why is this happening? please respond I would really appreciate that.
    Thanks
    Cheerio!

Maybe you're being too forceful in your attempts at LST.

Next attempt try rolling the stem you are wanting to bend - actually roll your thumb and finger around the stem you are going to bend. Like rolling a joint.

This softens up the area to be bent.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• GrowerNotShower
      GrowerNotShower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response. No, I am not being forceful at all. Since the first LST when the main stem got pretty a sharp bend, I am very careful. Plus I am not even bending too much. The main stem is fine now it healed but I am asking about the other stems (which are thin and long) I broke two of them accidentally while inspecting the leaves. I mean my first plant was really tough no matter how much I bend or twist the stems and leaves.
      Also, after searching for answers I got to know that no having a fan inside the grow tent could cause stems to be weak. But I am not sure it's true or not. Also, I don't even close the grow tent completely so some air could go in.

Is the stems hollow inside? Those who keep breaking off?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• GrowerNotShower
      GrowerNotShower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response. i don't think the stems are hollow from the inside or dry but today when I broke one stem accidentally I heard a snap noise. I even taped the broken stem with a stick but in an hour the flower and the leaves seem dead already.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X