Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabled, senior female noob > LEDs. Have many questions, made mistakes, need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for your gnats put yellow paper level with pots small fan blowing level top of pots stops them flying also apple cider vinegar just put a bowl of it by plants also layer of sand on top of pot also under pot hope this helps

Comment

I flipped on 9/1. Raised the panels Sunday, the panels' edges are resting on the closet bar ATM, will that distort the lights? The lights are not hidden by the bar but the panel edge is resting on it. I'm in the beginning of week 6, how much higher might they get now? I don't have much more left height to find. The large middle plant: there are two long shoots that are getting top heavy, any like these have been supported by the wall or closet doors - is there when I make "bishop hook' supports out of coated wire and attach to the pot rims? All advice is always welcomed and much appreciated.
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        And such beautiful buds you got forming there. I'd say at this point you are OK with the light, you can expect a little more growth upwards but not much, it's more then likely to just start swelling besides I dont see any signs at the top of the plant to indicate light saturation.

Heavy buds can be supported and are a good problem to have😉 best to look at "yo yo's"(not the toy kind) that drop from the top or add some plant stakes.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        You have 2 of the best in Mr furley and SoOrbudgal helping. Looks great. Well done so far.

Well sister you have a heavy grow going on now. You come along way and you done well. I agree with Mr.furley light distance will be OK. Can you slip a " tension rod " like a small diameter curtain rod in there to suspend twine too?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        With a lot of help from my new friends, thanks. I was just shopping yoyos, trying to figure how I'd hang them. I have the prior shower curtain rod, the spring is wonky at one point but I can put blocks on the ends/walls to make it work, less weight than the panel. Now, besides knowing when to flush, I will also need to take clones right before harvest. I got a few in a couple of water glasses but it's hard to put them anywhere to get natural light, the cat steals them. I need someone stronger than me to remove a few things from the 3rd bdrm closet. I have an Aero-Garden, need to relocate it somewhere, the cat prefers cannabis over homegrown catnip. Maybe I can use the bathroom that's attached to the bedroom w/grow closet? This is a great strain, I need to keep it going. I have 3 dozen Mason qt jars in boxes, they're not wide mouth but they were free, from a little old lady. Will they be OK to use? TY!!

dont take clones before harvest its to late u have to take them in veg also jars will work

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I read here about cloning before harvest/in flower, re-veg. Not my ideal but this is a great strain, still my favorite since getting my card 5 years ago. An Iranian landrace, my sleep medicine but also a great buzz. I noticed roots starting today on what's left of the clones in glasses that the cat didn't steal. Guessing I'll plant them in solo cups, put them on a tray across the guest bathroom sink and leave the lights on/door closed, maybe put curly CFL or LED bulbs in the fixture above the medicine cabinet if they're not already in there. I'm not a slacker but life happened and majorly messed up my plans for this grow. I'd like to try a gelato auto, my second favorite for sleep. I've never bought a seed yet, on purpose. I really need Wild Thai, my pain strain, it's sativa and I have to grow indoors. It's hard to find in dispensary here, I'm nursing a gram of bud, I have a third gram of crumble left to convert to vape oil.

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Reveg takes a while. Twice as long as regular clones, but can definitely be done to preserve a strain. I’m revenging monster cropped clones right now without any issues for the same reason. Took 3 of each kind just to make sure that 1 lived.
        They’re all doing well

• lalaland
        lalaland commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine are also in a tray on the spare bathroom counter😂 with the bathroom lights on, during lights out in the grow room.
        I don’t even have a grow light in there.

It will be 6 weeks since flip this weekend/Monday. I didn't use CalMag last watering, tonight I used it, used little less of something else, I'm hoping they'll look happier tomorrow. I ran into an 'accidental tourist' big sideways branch in back, buds, good leaf color but it's odd the way some fan leaves are like hugging the stem, flat. I think this was before stuff fell apart here and I was doing things right, I pinched that first plant off at the right time, but not the next two seedlings. Yoyos are on their way. I need to re-read about flushing and molasses, timing.

Comment

So, I've got this long narrow closet with a monster plant in the middle. My plant yoyos arrived. I have the clothes rod that the panels' edges are resting on, I could tie jute twine to that or to the brackets on each end. I have colas needing support near the back wall and near the front/closet door side. Should I put up another tension rod above the door's trim to support colas on that side of the plant? After the yoyos are attached can you still turn the pots? Are there any photos, or links to read about doing this on the site? On a side note, I gave extra CalMag last watering and everything looked better today, any bad-looking leaves were already there. TIA!

Comment

You could reveg your grow to get the clones you desire.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm a big fan of cloning

We're alive and growing still. I need to order a loupe. My yoyo helpers are freaking yoyos, they're so slow I don't need molasses. I have the heavy and space-invading colas twisty-tied to plant zip ties around stems and/or against doors until tmrw. Two are tied to shelf braces. I found some of their baby pictures. I'll probably reveg plant(s) to get clones. I plan to vacuum the carpeting (under the heavy plastic) on the closet floor and sprinkle some D.E. in the carpeting. Can't hurt anything - right?? Going to remove the fluorescent fixture and put my other tower fan in the corner so I can use both white fans on top. I can't bend the fingers on my previously-dominant R hand, a hospital-acquired wound infection. Those spring-loaded trim scissors are what I've needed for 20 years, left-handed scissors suck. Y'all give me deeply-appreciated advice and I probably seem like a slacker but I'm doing my best alone keeping myself, two pugs, a Siamese cat, and the three plants alive and thriving. I've had a month with dr appts being cancelled, switched to virtual, my ride dropped the ball to the only one I could've gone to in Chicago on Tuesday. My youngest pug has a rare disease, before he turned 4 yrs old in May he had already incurred $20K in vet bills. He vomited 9 times in 12 hours two weekends ago. I thought I had him back to normal, he vomited 5x in the bed/room when I woke up Tuesday morning. This month has been like Friday the 13th, Murphy's Law and the Full Moon Effect all rolled into one. I expected to be harvesting in November, hoping the Halloween Harvest Moon changes my luck. And I know things can always be worse, I met a blind grower on Twitter. She starts training her plants after the second set of leaves, does all her trimming by hand, and presses her own rosin. She had some big, beautiful colas drying.

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Good morning Puglover1
          We all do the best we can with what we have and I'm sorry to hear about you pup, keep your chin up though all the rough stuff and in time with practice you will find what work for you and your grow to make it easier each time. You have done a wonderful job of saving this grow and I'd bet if you look back to your first question you can see how the hands on experience of bring cannabis to full term seems a little easier now then two months ago! A lot of us on here struggle with physical difficulties myself included and over time I've learned what my body can do and what my body refuses to do so I've adapted my grow to simplify things. You're rounding the home stretch here and it's been a pleasure watching you do this you may make the blood moon but I would think a little bit longer.

Till the next time.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Mr.furley, sir. Your grow room looks like a clean room at the CDC or NIH, and I've taken note of many of your great ideas (adaptations?). What I was hoping for with the Blood Moon was a change in juju, it's been a challenging month. I was expecting to be busy around Thanksgiving. I sure will do some things differently on my next grow. Peace.

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Puglover1 life can be so up and down but you have risen to the challenge. I feel for you and send only good thoughts. We took in a pug named Abbey for
          almost 2 years from my wife's younger sister and she was very hard to give back when the time came. Such a wonderful little dog. Hope it goes well there.
          Great growing. Can't think of a better grower to follow here then Mr furley.

Hi, happy end of October. I'm waiting on more yoyos and I need to put up another string by the back wall. I used twisties to bracket for supports until more yoyos arrive. Qs: 1. What do I do with all the larfy buds, growing on the bottoms of the plant(s), that are getting heavy-ended but have thin/weaker stems? 2. I see white strings? threads? something in one of the buds in the photos, is it a bad thing? 3. When would you guess I might start flushing with pH'd water and molasses? Thank you so much.

Comment

Is it hair? I flush when i see all cloudy. By the looks in the last 2 pics getting really close to looking cloudy. Folks just pluck off those fluffy buds and freeze them or decarb for butter and oil for cooking that's what i use it for or i give it away to those folks who squeeze it for smoking? I cook with it.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            It could be Siamese cat hair, Sam loves the closet, sometimes I have to pull him out before the lights go off. I know the tiny little popcorns are useful but do I support them together until they mature or break off from the weight and then freeze or decarb, or is it better to get them off now? I prefer vaping, a deceased friend's son has a friend with a press. I've been converting dispo concentrates to vape oil to save money while waiting on my grow. And smoking up old dispo flower that I bought on deals before IL went legal rec Jan 1st. It's been hard to get what I want since then, the cultivators weren't prepared for the demand and they raised med prices. I love hash, can't believe the trim bins cost what they do but I watched a vid of a dude with a gallon baggie of trim and popcorn bud, he got a massive pile of kief out of it, the bottom tray was full edge to edge and thick. I have a lb of unopened organic store-bought ghee in the fridge, unopened organic coconut oil and Irish butter but I kind of like gummies more than baked edibles, they work faster for me. A friend gave me homegrown from her dad's farm potatoes, last time they were TDF. Some canna butter would be great with those. Flushing - I watered yesterday afternoon with just pH'd water, some cal-mag and Flower Fuel. I bought one of those USB microscopes on sale, I need to read and get it set up this weekend. Thanks so much!

It could simply be a piece of dust, growing in an a room built in basement of a 100 year old house I seen it a lot till I did things to mitigate it. I still see some though, just gives me something to work on to improve my setup. I have found if it can be seen with the naked eye it is one of my gray or grey for our Britts hairs otherwise if not moving it's generally dust.

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            The grow closet got vacuumed and cleaned three days ago. I did find some carpet fibers in a small ball. I don't let the pugs in the guest bedroom - baby gate - but the Siamese cat loves to go into the closet when I'm working in there. They look like different diameters but since it's near the closet doors I'll guess cat hair, he likes weed stems better than homegrown catnip. Thanks. House was built in 1978, I changed the HVAC filter last month, I finally dyed my quarantine greys 1-2 weeks ago. When I clicked to enlarge the bud photo on here I saw a round, colored drip/drop.

That sure is pretty bud pictures, I grow in living soil so I don't flush, flushing is controversial to many anyways.
          I'd smoke them buds right now, but another week want hurt nothin, all I'd be using is water an molasses til chop, which looks like pretty soon. Alot of folks let their soil dry out before chopping.
          Nice job, congratulations.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, but I just followed the advise of all you wonderful members here. My first real grow. I started an illegal in the same closet over 20 yrs ago, 13 assorted saved bag seeds, 12 girls. I had to abandon it so I've never watched the flowering process to fruition before. I'd see those white budlets and wonder 'how do they turn into the weed I've been smoking for over 45 years', heh. If not for Mr.furley my colas would be in the attic by now. These plants have been in those pots for just over 4 months, I think some water & molasses won't hurt. The beans were dropped several days apart, the middle plant could probably get chopped first, it really took off after germinating first. That bedroom has an attached bathroom, I could put clothes hangers on the shower curtain rod and close the door, the room already has blackout curtains. I need another hygrometer. Maybe a 21st century model. LoL

Me again. The girls are waiting for watering, I've been reading. I think they're ready to start flushing ? Today is week 9 since flipping 12/12. In 2016 the dispo said it was a 60 day strain. Will the trichs continue to get cloudier or some amber and the % of pistils continue to darken during the 1-2 week flush? These pics are from 2 days ago, when I go back to water I'll take new ones. When I enlarge the photos on my phone the sugar leaf trichs are cloudy, the buds not so much. The lower larfs are more ready-looking, it's hard to get close to the big buds in back for photos. I used my USB endoscope two days ago but w/phone so no photos to show. I knew I had molasses here I just didn't know how old it is: it has a UPC but no ingredient list. It's Brer Rabbit All Natural Light Molasses. Should I just use pH'd water until I get the right molasses? I have no idea if this is sulphered. There's a photo. Oh, should I be defoliating more at this point? TY. Edit: Every time the furnace runs my house smells delicious.

Comment

Ye they keep darkening and trichs keep geþing cloudy then amber if your bud trics arent cloudy wait a little before start to flush it doesnt matter about sugar leaves check all the bud sites when 90 %cloudy then flush your molasses is good to use

Comment

I was tending the Maggies, played them some Spotify stoner tunes, and smoked a joint of their kin. I couldn't open the molasses bottle, and the lights went out early, (must be the time change from Sunday) but I got some quick photos. I stood on my tip toes to get pics of the tops of bigger buds. The middle plant is a week or more older than the other two. It looks like more pistils have darkened and curled in from two days ago and many buds look pretty cloudy but some have more clear trichs. I used the USB endoscope but I haven't loaded it onto my laptop yet. Took snaps but they didn't save anywhere on my phone. I've enlarged these on my phone and via Windows 10 Photos app to view. Is it too early to flush?? And/or should I start flushing the middle plant first since it was started earlier? I like this strain for sleep and its usually high THC%. The dispo pre-roll I smoked was 29.578% THC-A, total THC 30.875; no CBD or CBD-A, if that matters. I could really use advice/opinions about if I should start flushing. TYVM.
              Last edited by Puglover1; 11-04-2020, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                @puglover1

I'm have a hard time viewing your pictures, it's a problem with my phone of the website but they do not center on my screen. It's not just you, it happens with a couple other posters but not the majority of other posters, I think it maybe the platform you load from.

I could get one picture to side up to the screen and was able to click on the picture to view it, that is the only way I can see yours and the couple others that do it and from the first picture you look to have around two week so I wouldn't flush just yet.

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Mr.furley. That 1st photo does look like a lot of clear trichs. I use Chrome browser and I have to edit many of my photos for size to post on here, I use Wins10 photos app. I should reset my phone's photo size to make life easier. I need to get the USB endoscope loaded on my laptop and find a place so that I can photograph or video what I see this weekend. I had problems with some other folks' photos on here a little while back. I'll wait to flush, thanks!

• Poppa
                Poppa commented
                Editing a comment
                I had no problem viewing them I did have problems with someones pics 2 times in last month but backed all the way out of the post read a different post then went back and was able to view those.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X