Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a quiet 4" (100mm) fan. Any thoughts on the BLACK ORCHID Centri-flo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a quiet 4" (100mm) fan. Any thoughts on the BLACK ORCHID Centri-flo?

I'm looking for an extractor fan for my 2ft*4ft*6ft tent (60cm*120cm*180cm). There is already ot one in place which came with the tent kit but it's probabbly the cheapest item they could throw into the package and as the light etc weren't really up to the task, I'm thinking the fan could be improved. It draws through about 3-4ft of duct, the tent, another 6ft of duct and then a storage box drying chamber. The light has just been upgraded and I think I could do with a bit more airflow for a bit less noise (fan noise that is, I'm aware that a lot of the sound from stuff like this is actually the air moving through the ducting, tent etc). Looking around the BLACK ORCHID Centri-flo seems to do well in online reviews, but I know review sites can be biased if they can get referral money or are just straight up shills so I thought I'd ask you guys.

I have just bought 8inch black orchid fan 2speed thermostate it runs at 68db sounds like a jet engine but with no ducting or filter i got a 4inch black orchid thats not that loud but it not that quiet either i would go with the box fan black orchid it cheaper than the acoustic ones they massivily jump in price they are good fans for price black orchid hope this helps

Comment

I have this one in the exact same tent size. It’s not super quiet but it really moves the air.

VIVOSUN 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07741M53K...p_mob_ap_share

Comment

ye i have a look at them mine is 2m high 2.4m long 1.2 wide one i got with tent 4inch swiftair there shite

Comment

AC nfinity makes a quiet fan.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by growell View Post
            I have just bought 8inch black orchid fan 2speed thermostate it runs at 68db sounds like a jet engine but with no ducting or filter i got a 4inch black orchid thats not that loud but it not that quiet either i would go with the box fan black orchid it cheaper than the acoustic ones they massivily jump in price they are good fans for price black orchid hope this helps
            Sounds like a reasonable brand then, this one is supposed to be 47db

Comment

Originally posted by dalvis View Post
              I have this one in the exact same tent size. It’s not super quiet but it really moves the air.

VIVOSUN 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07741M53K...p_mob_ap_share
              I'll probably want one that is a bit quieter

Comment

Originally posted by growell View Post
                ye i have a look at them mine is 2m high 2.4m long 1.2 wide one i got with tent 4inch swiftair there shite
                okay I'll avoid swiftair if they're shite

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
                  AC nfinity makes a quiet fan.
                  I saw the cloudlines, they look absolutely amazing. 32db and moves air like a typhoon. That would be my number one choice if money was not a factor at all.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X