Alcohol free tincture, question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol free tincture, question.

Picked up some glycerin to make tincture, its "pura d'or" organic vegetable glycerin derived from coconut, back of the bottle says do not ingest, website says it's a food grade product not recommended for ingesting because it's made in the same factory as cosmetics.

I took a drop on my finger and tasted it, tastes like the herbal tincture I've had in the past minus the Mary Jane, and I cant really see an organic, vegan, kosher food grade product could be harmful if ingested. I'd like your opinions on the matter, would you use this product against recommending not too, or do you feel it's to dangerous to leave to chance?

My personal consumption policy is not to use anything that contains a warning. They don't provide any information that they don't have to. Chances are someone was adversely affected at some point and that sparked the warning.

We are flying without a net here. We pays our money and takes our chances.

Personally, I found that using alcohol worked out well for me. There was no residual taste or alcoholic effects...but I learned a couple of things:
    1. I added my vape plugs and I won't be doing that again, unless the zombie apocalypse befalls us. The product was potent but I could taste the ABVs.

2. Using my solar oven makes decarbing and reducing tinctures easy and safe. There are several premade solar ovens available for purchase and making them isn't too difficult.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Smerft85
      Smerft85 commented
      Editing a comment
      My household is 100% alchohol free hence why I'm wanting alcohol free. The ingredient list is exactly:

vegetable glycerin (pure organic vegetable glycerin from coconut)* *certified organic

That's it, word for word mark for mark, considering dabs are made with butane and sold in dispensaries, how could this be more dangerous in any way? Doesnt make any sense. Another reason for going alcohol free is I'd like to share some with my nearly 80 year old grandmother, she hasn't had alcohol in longer than a lot of us have been alive, and has never tried cannabis, but wants to try something edible in a micro dose, both of us can taste very small amounts of alcohol even in cooked foods and such, I'd rather avoid it personally. Natives and "firewater" dont mix well usually! 🤭

• BR2K
      BR2K commented
      Editing a comment
      Smerft85 I totally get it. The only alcohol I've purchased in over 30 years has been for the sole purpose of producing tinctures/hash oil. I was fortunate enough to score 190 proof Everclear recently, so I'm looking forward to my next batch. It's have to be split for my first attempt at dry ice hash though

I reckon it's probably best not to "poke the bear", with regards to alcohol and you're in the best position to gauge the threat. Regarding your label, it's a cover their @ss inclusion. I would still be looking for an alternative.

If you're not using ethanol/alcohol as your extraction solvent, you're making something other than a tincture. I don't make the rules, it's been this way since Christ was a corporal.

Comment

• Smerft85
      Smerft85 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's all I've ever heard it called, both in person and through everyone using a vegetable glycerin based "tincture". The one time I've ever had alcohol based tincture I couldnt stand two drops of it, it was horrible. I was introduced to what was called tincture by a friend that was glycerin based and it was tasty, regardless of the official name, that's what I want to make. When I looked up the dangers of coconut vegetable glycerin, it was all based on an allergy issue which I dont have, and neither does my grandmother.

I make vegetable glycerin tincture and the line I use does not say anything about being made in a perfume Factory nor does it say anything about not for internal use. It is a non-GMO Grapeseed and coconut extract that states Oral care in the list of usage.

Ganja Gummie in medium pan. 3/4 cup cold water add 1/4 cup corn syrup stir till well mixed Add 1 oz of unflavored Gelatin 6 oz of Cherry Jello Mix well and let

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post
      I make vegetable glycerin tincture and the line I use does not say anything about being made in a perfume Factory nor does it say anything about not for internal use. It is a non-GMO Grapeseed and coconut extract that states Oral care in the list of usage.

Ganja Gummie in medium pan. 3/4 cup cold water add 1/4 cup corn syrup stir till well mixed Add 1 oz of unflavored Gelatin 6 oz of Cherry Jello Mix well and let

I think in the case of what I got as a vegetable glycerin is a warning similar to "may contain peanut byproduct" warnings. Its non-GMO, organic, vegan, kosher and hypoallergenic, doesnt sound much like a toxin. Thank you for knowing what I'm referring to!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X