Problems first grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems first grow

Hi all, Having a few issues with my first grow barneys farm LSD auto. She first sprouted last sunday 26/07/20 she started in a rootit cube later on that same day I noticed the root had bottomed out in the saucer she was in. I panicked it was late on sunday and my poor preperation I didnt have a plant pot only my 3 gal smart pot. Had read about problems of small plants in big pots. So fashioned her a pot from a yogurt pot filled with plant magic soil watered with 6.5 ph water everytime she got dry this wasnt needed everyday. Moved her into my grow tent on 30/07/20 still in the homemade pot.Tent is 40×40x130 I have garpsen 1000w cree cob LED light which I had set 22inch above her as was worried about strengh of light tent ventilation black orchid inline 4" fan, fox carbon filter, 4" oscilating fan to move air around inside tent. Temp average 25 degrees humidity average 52 highest 48 lowest. 01/08/20 leaves appeared to be drooping a little at the tips she had a little water seemed to be doing ok until the evening when the base of her leaves started to curl up a little. Yesterday morning leaves were drooping down on tips and curled up at base again, worried I was thinking she was struggling in her makeshift pot so I transplanted her to 3 gal smart pot filled with plant magic soil 20% perlite moistened with 300ml water ph 6.5 no nutrients. Shes now been in 37 hours shes 8 days old just worried ive fucked her up. I did notice when I took her out of makeshift pot the roots were bunched down in the bottom and medium was really crumbly so thinking I might have underwatered but main concern is if shes ok. If you read all this thank you.

Yep Driller i think you did great work. She is going to be fine in my book a tad slowed time wise but she'll bounce out of it. Don't worry those leaf will get growing right. Just raise the light give her a slight recovery time/adjustment few days. She's going to be OK in my books.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks so much for your message. I cant get my light any higher is it true that if you tilt the light with straps that can sometimes help in small grow spaces? Thanks again.

Comment

Looks like it will survive - if that were mine - I would definitely water until runoff. Reason for that - plant needs to know how big her home is so she can spread her roots.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hi Canuck thanks for info will do

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            I have my COB light 32 inches away when they are that small - after the roots have grown then i move in down to the sweet spot - 24 inches

In a fixed environment where the lighting cannot be adjusted only option would be to low stress train your plant as it grows so simply bend and tie down the branches as the grow up so they grow horizontally. Also helps get more light to the new foliage.

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't think his plant is that big yet.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            That's not looking real good EzPz not healthy at all barely big enough to LST let along scrog. Showing issues on the leaf.

Hi thanks for messages. my plants only 2" high so dont think I can train her yet. I`m looking into having a bit of a redo with the light setup I might be able to get another 7" hopefully thanks for the help your all giving much appreciated.

Comment

Hi im in day 11 now noticed some irregular yellow marks on leafs yesterday. I gave her 700ml ph 6.5 no nutes on tuesday evening didnt get any runoff. Yesterday I didnt give her any water she was still moist just under surface less than inch. This morning I gave her 1 litre phd water with nutes using floragro trio 0.2ml of the 3 in the 1 litre of water. I didnt get any runoff and from what ive read if im giving nutes I should water until 20% runoff but was worried about drowning her at this stage her leaves did droop for about 20 mins after the litre I gave her. Just seeking some advise please on the yellow marks and whether I should give more water now or just increase next time thanks

Comment

Those yellow marks might be the beginnings of a root problem cuz you're overwatering in my opinion. I have an autoflower about the same age and I've watered her to runoff only one time. As in I've only watered her once. I'll wait until the soil is dry dry dry and then she will get a watering to runoff with full strength nutrients. This allows oxygen to get into the dry soil - roots love it.

Your plant is young and at this stage I'm only interested in growing their roots - plant and buds will come later.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hi canuck, thanks again for your advise will let her dry out some.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X