OG Kush Auto - Outdoor - 46 days - light yellowing at bottom leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OG Kush Auto - Outdoor - 46 days - light yellowing at bottom leaves

Hi there, these 2 OG Kush Autos are 46 days grown outdoor in smartpots fed with rainwater, organic molasse during vegetative stage and now organic molasse-flowering booster (starting almost 10 days ago). I wonder if this light yellowing is normal considering that the LST-one has almost no signs of yellowing and they are same age/same treatment. pH is around 6.5-7. There is a younger (37 days) Purple Kush Auto behind, same treatment, no signs of stress yet. I put them under greenhouse only when heavy rains, usually they are outside.

I don't want to stop feeding with flowering booster now because buds should be fattening now and I find them rather small.. but it's my first grow... what do you suggest ? wait and see ??

Those lowest leaves I wouldn’t worry that much.
    Looks healthy and have a nice color also.
    I saw some burned leaf tips, some places. Which could indicate you are feeding her a little bit too much.
    if she is not showing any deficiencies, don’t overboard the nutrients. It will just stun her, if she gets too much..

nevertheless it looks healthy
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• jayjay
      jayjay commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx ! burnt tips appeared 2-3 weeks ago, I wasn't sure if it was because of excessive feeding or warm temperatures (we had 4 consecutive days of heavy heat). Will slow down feeding a bit.

What amazes me is how the one trained with LST shows almost no signs of stress whereas they are exactly under the same feeding schedule.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Even the same strains, don’t need the same nutrients. Even in the same setup

I think that they need more intense light also.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• jayjay
      jayjay commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx ! because of its orientation, my garden is limited in terms of light; there are many shady spots during the day. I have to move the plants (like 10 feets away) 2 times a day to get the maximum light possible.

The photos have been taken inside the greenhouse. Is it preferable to let them inside the greenhouse but dry ? or outside and moist (when rainy) ? what do you suggest ??

[EDIT] I stopped feeding since last week. She is now 52 days old, so 4 weeks before her (theoretical) end of life according to the breeder. pH is still around 7. Yellow leaves seem climbing, I don't know if it is normal at this stage or if it is too early ? How could it be N deficiency since my pH has always been around 6.5 - 7. Thanks for your advice !

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those breeder schedules are for flowering - so one starts counting after they began their flowering. Some are done by 65 days tho.
      I take those schedules with a grain of salt - let the trichomes determine how close or how far away from harvest.
      Also - those times have been created using optimal conditions in a 3×3 tent. You're outdoors so add 10 or 15 days to that schedule.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say 15-30 days more outside.
      My experience with autos outside

True what they are telling you jayjay FYI i just dosed my mag. defecency with epsom salts 1 per gal. yesterday they are looking real good today. It's a good thing for plants.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for the advice... I won't worry about the yellowing yet and just keep observing. Will post new pics in a few days.

Comment

[EDIT] Plants are now 65 days old. I stopped feeding them 4 days ago because I think they are entering their harvesting window. and I plan to harvest in +/- two weeks. Should I be worried about the yellow leaves turning almost red ? or worried about these small leaves edges turning dark purple / almost black ?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X