X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesy
    replied
    Thanks homegrown

I flipped on the Bloom lite yesterday after I posted you. 29". Day 11 now, so far so good. I'll attach a photo. Three White Widow Autos. I have to harvest around Oct. 19th, so I gotta be a bit aggressive and not screw up. That's 13 weeks from sprout. I'm using good organic 8-4-4 soil from a local greenhouse. When should I start giving them the Dyna-Gro Grow nutes? Thanks everybody...love this place...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    replied
    Hey Cheesy, not sure how big your plants are yet..but i think 29 inches is a safe distance. You can always ease them into the full lights by cranking on your bloom light for a few hours every day, and increase by a couple of hrs daily for a week or so...watch for stretching..dont want them to get tall and spindly. LOL, I run my lights at 14 inches above canopy when their in flower(be very careful if your gonna go this low)..i also have 4 fans, blowing air above and below canopy and a super fast air exchange..temps dont go above 80 very often.

Leave a comment:

• Cheesy
    replied
    @homegrown I've got a Viperspectra 600 as well. I'm on day 10 and have 5 sets of leaves and they look great. I just have the Veg light on but I'm thinking of flipping the Bloom light on as well. I've got the light 29" away. I saw someone with a similar light said they went as low as 14". How far away is your light?? I imagine temperature factors in. Closer is better but keep it under 85F? Thanks...
    Last edited by Cheesy; 08-05-2020, 09:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• homegrown
    replied
    I have 2 Viperspectra 600's... Both Veg+Bloom have been on since i got the lights, every grow, from start to finish. Just have to be careful of distance from light to plant so she doesnt burn. Trial and error i guess.

Leave a comment:

• EnviouslyGreen
    started a topic LED switches and dimmers

LED switches and dimmers

Hi so this is my first grow with an LED lighting system (previous used a 400watt hps) and I've read from various sources that you only really need certain color spectrums on for veg and flowering and that having the full spectrum switches on is not necessarily needed and that it just costs more electricity with very little added rewards.

I'm using a viparspectra par600 with switches for the red, white, and blue. I wanted the par700 unit with dimmers but they were sold out at the time. Anyways I'm growing autos 2 weeks in under blue and white switches on with red off. My question is should I continue with blue + white until flowering starts or go full spectrum? Also for flowering should I go full spectrum or just red + white?

Also I'm thinking about adding another LED for my 4x4x8 grow tent, would another par600 be good or should I go par700 and if so how should you use the dimmers for best results?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X