X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Have a question

Was wondering... In ur tutorial "How to Grow Cannabis in Coco Coir

Updated Feb 29, 2020

by Nebula Haze" you have a step by step guide on growing in coco coir, the recipe used i was wondering if the amounts come out to 30 + percent perlite, and if so, the feeding pdf for general hydroponics listed is adjusted as u described to the recipe on coco coir. I read ur other write up on the % of perlite "should u add perlite" and in it u speak about using 30-50% for proper drainage and to prevent nutrient build up! I was hoping that the recipe used on the coco coir with perlite"mentioned in How to grow Cannabis in Coco Coir" was compatible enough to prevent nutrient build up with the pdf feeding schedule mentioned in same write up for general hydroponics?

Solo83 your question is unclear, please restate...

Comment

As mentioned in the writing"how to grow cannabis in coco coir", their is a recipe for mixing coco coir and perlite, what i wanted to know is, that with that recipe is their enough perlite for it to be 30% perlite, the reason i ask, is cuz in the writing"should you use perlite" it is said that without 30-50% perlite the plant will get nutrient build up, and that under 30% you need to use very little nutrients, also in the writing first mentioned theirs a pdf for nutrients feeding, and i was wondering if the pdf feeding takes into fact the recipe in the writing only calling for 20% perlite?

Comment

I guess what im asking is if i use the recipe for shown in "how to grow cannabis in coco coir", if i use the pdf feeding schedule, will i risk nutrient build up using both the feeding schedule and coco coir recipe mentioned in the same writing?

Comment

Ok i think i get what your asking. First off the perlite is just in there to help keep grow medium airy, and unpacked so as to help with drainage and ease of root growth. Im using General Hydroponics in coco/perlite. Water only when needed(dry) till you get 20% run-off. Check pH in and out always, alternate food and water feedings, you should be fine. My plants do get nutes every feeding but its better to play it safe if your starting out.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Comment

• Solo83
            Solo83 commented
            Editing a comment
            Whats the 3 # on the floraNecter, i see 0-0-1 and 0-1-1

Solo83 you can get more info on growing in coco at this excellent site https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/prin...cannabis-coco/. good luck!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X