Flowering Jamacian Red/Columbian Gold Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flowering Jamacian Red/Columbian Gold Questions

Hi all, quick update and some questions about flowering for the old Jamacian Red and Columbian Golds.

Update - They are doing awesome! One is around 6ft tall and the other two are about a foot behind. ALL THREE ARE FEMALE! So I have taken clones and am going to try and hermie one to get feminized seeds.

Question + Details - I origionally started these plants from seed back in March, indoors under a 900W LED and controlled temperatures. Once they got too large for my grow room I moved them outside. Due to the extreme heat and light difference, the plants were a little unhappy so I sheilded them from the harsh change by putting a small canopy above them and lined the plants up around the edge that recieves the most sunlight. The canopy is the sort that you would sit underneath to protect yourself from direct sunlight. Fast forward around a month to today, and there are a few white hairs sticking out but no actual buds yet.

So my question is, are they getting enough sunlight or should I now remove the canopy? They are likely adjusted enough now for the canopy to be removed but that brings me to my second concern.

My second concern is that these plants (from what I understand) take 14 weeks to flower properly which will bring me into the beginning of November. In my area we have been known to get snow as early as October. They are now too big to be brought inside.

Where they currently sit, they are recieving 10-12 hours of sunlight / day (even if I removed the canopy), however I can move them if needed.

So which do you think would be the best option? Remove the canopy and hope the snow doesn't fall too soon? Or leave the canopy and allow them to flower the way they are? Move them into full direct sunlight for more hours / day? Are they getting enough light?

As a last resort I can always purchase more LEDs and put the plants into a shed but I am trying to avoid this. All opinions and suggestions are greatly apprecaited.

Thanks so much!

Some pics from today
    Attached Files

Comment

i no expert but i would take the canopy off and let them get a sun tan then worse case it snow bring them in under lights happy growing

Comment

Move them into the sun and then move them around so they get the most sun they can.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yes to what Canuck147 is saying lots and lots of sun. Lucky you for getting females it's a long wait when they are outdoors.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Canuck147 SoOrbudgal I moved them into direct sunlight and have started manipulating them with a tarp to induce flowering early. They are doing awesome, but I'm not sure how far along they are. Any rough guesses?

Thank you again!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Canuck147
              Canuck147 commented
              Editing a comment
              Far enough along that they should be smelling good - buds still need weeks to fatten up - more than 2 weeks - 4 or 5 or ........

• Smokey200618
              Smokey200618 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for your estimate! I'll post more pics when its time to cut them down, they are around 7 ft tall now!

Smokey200618 great grow outdoors congrats yes sir it's looking good for you lets say a weed prayer that mother nature holds steady for the rest of ripening we are having a good year so far here in Oregon southern anyway from what i'm hearing. Doing light deprivation now eh? Lots of bigger growers do that here outdoor. Me i just shove my little 5ft ers into my green house to finish. I'm hopping all my indica dominate strains get done by end of this month. The mango is last to flower for me. Skunks are the first to finish.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Smokey200618
              Smokey200618 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you sir but I am actually a ma'am haha.

Light deprevation worked like a charm!

Oregon huh? Long ways away but hello from Canada sir!

The end of the month as come, how did you make out with your plants? Hope all is well.

Looks very nice, but I am going to tell you to be prepared for an early winter.

Comment

Hey everyone! Here's a pic of one of the medium sized ones (im 5ft 6 for size reference), I chopped the big guy (around 10ft) down already due to powdery mildew starting (washed it, rinsed it, hung it and just fininished trimming it) and I'm guessing theres around a pound, give or take. Will get a scale and let ya'll know for sure. The weather has given the plants a beating but the rest are pulling through quite well.

But I have an issue with one of the (indoor) clones that I found this morning. I checked the plant and the leafs and I don't see anything out of the norm. Got any idea what could be eating the fan leafs? Have attached pictures.

Thank you all, hope everyone is doing good & stayin healthy!

SoOrbudgal Canuck147
            Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I am a woman grower also LOL and that's a big bummer about the PWM happens outdoor close to harvest. I really thin the leaf out of mine outdoors when it's this time of year out in So. Oregon. You may have a caterpillar eating that leaf?

• Smokey200618
              Smokey200618 commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahh, my bad ma'am! I should have realized by your username haha. Hope your indicas turned out well.

Thank you both, I'll tear the room apart this weekend and see what I can find lurking around

Look for bugs and caterpillars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X