Seedling question - Cotyledon without true leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seedling question - Cotyledon without true leaves

Hi growers. I have one photo white widow in soil without any true leaves 4 days after sprouting. Is this a problem? My other sprouts look fine.

Peace and thanks.
    Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Would be great to have a photo but no that's not normal
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Sounds like a mutant, need good clear pics, she should over come it.

Comment

Okay here they are, lil mutant white widow on left side with another WW and two G13. Happy frog, vipar 450 (200w), 8 days since germination, wet b/c just misted.
        C’mom leaves!
        Thanks.

Comment

Comment

There are runts from time to time, give it some time.

Comment

• Cheeba
              Cheeba commented
              Editing a comment
              Will do, thanks.

I have one in my grow now.
            I started with only a half coly leaf and on normal leaf 🤣.
            and actually it’s the one who is doing the main line best now.
            so as Rwise is saying, just give it some time.
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

She is still trying to push out her 1st set of true leaves while her sisters are on their 2nd set. Interesting to see different genetics.

Comment

Interesting, I have takin clones and the leaves were round for weeks . Looking like they were not true plants but she grew out of it. My rule of thumb is “if it’s ain’t growing true put her in a meds tent” so she don’t affect your other plants as they all feed off each other’s energy and compete like a race.

Comment

Pic from this morning, some leaf growth but stunted compared to other WW seedling. I will give daily affirmation that she’s good enough, smart enough, and doggone it people like THC!

Comment

Ser You soaking the whole pot when you water that seedling?
                    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

You busted me lol. Have been misting for fear of over watering but I did give 1/2 cup yesterday because pot was light and soil was completely dry. Any tips? Thanks!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                        CaptainWiese91 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is why you have stunned grow buddy.

• homegrown
                        homegrown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        agree with captain...those are way too wet. Less water and better drainage in your pots(drill a bunch of holes around the bottom sides). Those seedlings wont need more than an ounce or two of water per day depending on their environment. When you up-pot, add more perlite. Your giving them too much luv lol

Thanks for the explanation, I will ease up on the water.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X