Help please! Bending ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please! Bending ..

Hi guys, my first attempt. Just wanted to ask if I was ok to stick a new stake in and then bend her from the top and tie her to it as she is to tall to stay where she is, but she’s done so well here. So would like her to stay put. Any advice on bending it and how would be appreciated thank you

I got plenty of advice LOL some tell me to back off LOL just kidding but maybe not??? Anyhooo here goes......gonna have to make sure that the pot won't move when you tie that top cola to anything stable that gets sunshine on the plant. To me the pots to small to bend without breaking the top off too tight need it further away can you picture it? Need to make a rainbow without breaking but if you do just tape it at the break she'll recover no kidding they are tough.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I posted a long list on one of your first threads of options to make her "shorter" so to speak. Details of topping, supercropping, bending, and caging are all described in decent detail there. If it's a plastic pot you could drill a hole in the lip of the pot and run string up to bend the top too, but put aquarium hose or something soft to help avoid damage to the plant.

Comment

You're doing a great job on your plant, good color and Hugh for the pot. I would suggest a bigger pot for it though probably triple the size. I'm going out on a limb here but if it was mine I'd top that big Branch off and grow it more like a bush then a Xmas tree. If you are going to do this I'd do it soon.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Don’t bend it at a sharp angle too quick, maybe slowly rainbow it..... start by choosing your direction and us that brick wall or roof to start it on a slight bend. If you do it from the ground, put it farther away so you get a sharp angle. Just use twine and anchor it with a heavy ass rock or brick.

Comment

I've got several bent sharply at 90°, it broke the skin on the main stalk, healed, and now the "top" of my large sativa is growing upward again, it is tied off to my cage to keep it supported so the high winds dont rip a quarter pound branch off. So yes, you can bend at 90°, I pinch the stalk in my fingers tight, about 1.5' down from the top, the bend it down slow to avoid snapping it off.

You plant is growing up, not north, by bend it in a northern direction, I literally mean bend the top to point north so the side facing the sun will follow the east to west pattern of the sun and make the entire side of it to become tops on every branch.

You can also "rainbow" bend it, same effect with less initial stress for both you and the plant, snapping branches and stalks at 90° isn't comforting in the beginning years of a grow career, it still chokes me up at 10 years sometimes. Even if you do break the top foot or so off the plant, she will survive and bush out instead of getting taller, so you could just cut a foot off the top and she'll work on becoming a fat girl, my favorite!

Comment

Originally posted by Smerft85 View Post
              I've got several bent sharply at 90°, it broke the skin on the main stalk, healed, and now the "top" of my large sativa is growing upward again, it is tied off to my cage to keep it supported so the high winds dont rip a quarter pound branch off. So yes, you can bend at 90°, I pinch the stalk in my fingers tight, about 1.5' down from the top, the bend it down slow to avoid snapping it off.

You plant is growing up, not north, by bend it in a northern direction, I literally mean bend the top to point north so the side facing the sun will follow the east to west pattern of the sun and make the entire side of it to become tops on every branch.

You can also "rainbow" bend it, same effect with less initial stress for both you and the plant, snapping branches and stalks at 90° isn't comforting in the beginning years of a grow career, it still chokes me up at 10 years sometimes. Even if you do break the top foot or so off the plant, she will survive and bush out instead of getting taller, so you could just cut a foot off the top and she'll work on becoming a fat girl, my favorite!
              Is this ok??
              Attached Files

Comment

One could repot it and lean it over from the ground up, as if the wind blew it over.

Comment

Kinda like this GG4, this is right after a storm.

Comment

Yes. Report so the dirt is nice an loose then bend it. Grab a 5 gallon bucket or bigger. While the dirt is loose. Looks like you got a good bend started.

Comment

Btw I like your outside chairs.

Comment

Just posting these here too, as you can see, no need to be terrified of hurting her.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X