Air pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air pots

Is anyone using Air Pots? I'm starting an indoor grow and wondering what you guys think about air pots. I have 4 autos started and was planning on using fabric smart pots. I currently fabric pots for my outdoor grow. I have no complaints with them but im always looking at new technology ( new to me). What are your thoughts?
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Air pots work really well for root pruning allowing a plant to grow bigger and are a good choice for autoflower strains. On the down side airports are Messy, soil is always washing out of them and I'd you develop a bug problem airports are a nightmare for places that they can hide.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 07-27-2020, 04:48 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
      Matriumcauthon commented
      Editing a comment
      Ever try, or know of someone who has, putting cheesecloth around the outside to keep the soil in, bugs out, and still let air through? Just got some in and was thinking about doing that myself.

I just got mine in today, planning to transplant my one auto plant into one and use them for my next grow. I'm like you, the fabric pots worked well enough for my first grow but I'm curious to see how these work compared to them.
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      After a couple rounds on airpot I just stuck with fabic pot and give them away. Good luck
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 07-27-2020, 10:54 PM.

• quirk
      quirk commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen a member on another site that put tight fitting pantyhose on his airpots to prevent spillage.

Mr.Furley, what is the best mix soil for auto pot? can i use only hydroton or perlite

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I exclusively use a 60/40 Coco perlite mix with liquid nutrients on all my grows, it fits my needs perfectly. You can use straight hydroton or 100% perlite but this is in the realm of self-feeding systems using auto watering and even incorporating air injection technology, essentially you're creating a recirculating system to grow hydroponically in a pot. You would still have to deal will the containment issues with airpots having large holes throughout.

• willythepic
      willythepic commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank M. Furley if i use 60/40 Can i do put 3 or 4 inch hydroton on the botton?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      You can but the bottom of the pots are gridded with holes so I did see what you would gain.

I appreciate the built in LST holes, root development and size adjustability of air pots.

Comment

Originally posted by Matriumcauthon View Post
      I just got mine in today, planning to transplant my one auto plant into one and use them for my next grow. I'm like you, the fabric pots worked well enough for my first grow but I'm curious to see how these work compared to them.
      This is what I was talking about, with zip tie around top for training tie down.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X