Topping vs. Manifolding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topping vs. Manifolding

I am curious about the exact difference between manifolding and topping. In topping you cut off the top growth above a grow tip about 4 to six nodes up. If I am correct, in manifolding, you split the top of the main stem in two? What is the long term difference in the plant growth and yield?
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Topping is just that, topping. Manifolding is several toppings and lst to create a flat even canopy. If you grow outdoors there really is no need to manifold but some growers do top. Indoors IMO manifolding and quadlining are the best way to maximize yields. https://www.growweedeasy.com/manifold

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      You always have the right answer Tersky - keep it up. You are informing all of us with your knowledge.

• Texasbob
      Texasbob commented
      Editing a comment
      Really good answer. The only thing I would like to add is if time is a factor then topping is the way to grow. Plants take a bit longer to recover and develop from manifolding but it maximizes your yealds.

Thanks for the feedback. So, if I understand correctly, I basically need to top the new branches once they have grown several nodes to split them again?
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to the site growweedeasy.com
      There is plenty of good tutorials about manifold also with pictures and step by step what to do.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X