Flowering day/night temp adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flowering day/night temp adjustments

First off, I would like to thank you all as all these posts on the forum and in this website made me start to growdatshitfinally.

My setup:
    • Tent: DR60
    • Grow medium: coco coir
    • Fertilisers: general hydroponics flora series, CalMag supplement
    • Light: 250w mh/hps for veg/flowering
    • Extractor: 280 m3/h Vents TT 125
    • Intractor: 115 m3/h Sunon
    • Pot: 7 gallon smart pot
    • Fan: 6 inch Cornwall Electronics
    • Reflector: CoolTube with modified reflectors
    • Seed: Feminised Northern Lights (Sensi)
    Now after about 9 weeks of vegging, I switched my only plant to flowering. The problem lies on the temperature as it gets really hot in this part of the world during summer. My lights on temperature changes between 24-29 C (75-84 F) mostly being in the range of 27-29 C (81-84 F) whereas my lights off temperature changing in the range of 25-28 C (77-83 F). Note that I turn the lights on during the night so I can reduce the temps. In this case I have almost no difference in temperature between day/night.

If I turn the lights on during the day, temps will go as high as 31 C (87 F), but if the lights are off during the night I can reduce the temps to around 20 C (68 F). By doing so, it would be possible to maintain 10 C (50 F) difference between day and nights temps.

What would you guys do in this situation? Any response is appreciated.

Love you all,

Peace
    Attached Files
    Last edited by growdatshitefinally; 07-24-2020, 01:59 PM.

I made sure my grow area (Not a tent, but similar) was light tight and then lit the lights at night, and off during the daytime.
    Last edited by RagWeedDWC; 07-24-2020, 01:52 PM.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• growdatshitefinally
      growdatshitefinally commented
      Editing a comment
      Feels like if I keep my grow area air tight, the plant would be cooked by the heat generated by the light. Thanks for the reply though.

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Im a dumb ass, meant to say light proof, have no ideal why I wrote air tight :-) Corrected it.

• growdatshitefinally
      Editing a comment
      Haha no worries. I know why you wrote air tight, I reckon

She must be a beast after 9 weeks veg!? Any pics? I’ve also experienced heat problems and I sorted them by getting a much better extraction fan (around 500m3) Not saying it’ll completely fix your issue but 280m3/h is pretty low for high heat imo

Comment

• growdatshitefinally
      Editing a comment
      She's been through major defoliation 3 times already. Last one was to get rid of everything below the scrog net. Since I switched it to flowering she stretches like a mofo. I plan to defoliate next week as well. I also have an old ac. The idea is to fix it and keep it on for the last 3 weeks. Thanks for the info once again man. cheers

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries man. You’ve got a good looking plant so far but flowering is where you can fuck it up and waste 4-6 months! Next time flip her when she’s half your desired final height. she’ll handle another defol no problem.

• growdatshitefinally
      Editing a comment
      I will switch to flower right after I put the trellis net next time. This time I waited 10 days which turn about to be too long. Considering that I already bought a second net to keep the buds from falling

When I first started growing I didn’t pay attention to heat that much until my first beautiful grow tent harvest all hermied on me due to hi temps in the upper 80’s to 90’s. Since then I’d rather have high humidity than heat anytime. Like previously mentioned get a bigger fan or a portable ac, maybe both .
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 07-24-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

My temperature is the same.
      and I did not have a problem at all with hermies.
      Just had a week with 33-38 Celsius.
      I think it also depends on the genetics. Some strains are just better at handling the warmer temperature than others:kr
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• growdatshitefinally
        Editing a comment
        True that. Heat resistant strains are the way to go if you're from somewhere hot.

My seed is Northern Lights which is an all around resistant plant imo. I made a few mistakes and she bounced back in no time.

I am not reallyworried about the temperature though. What I really want to achieve is the temperature difference between light on/off. With my current set up there is barely any difference.

Just an update here. I managed to set the day/night temperature to around 10 degrees Celsius by getting a bigger extraction fan and I also started using my AC. In the end it yielded about 130 grams of really potent buds. After some drying and curing almost 90 grams of that were top shelf bud. Also used the trim and small buds to make butter. It ended up being 400 grams of butter. The potency of the butter was over the top. I used to put 1.5 grams of that butter into my morning coffee and that would keep me stoned af for the whole day (it was as if I smoked 5 joints by myself). I used to smoke heavily whereas my wife didn't. so she'd get really stoned for long periods with only 0.5 gram of the butter.

I want to thank you all folks and the growweedeasy team overall. You are the best! Keep up the good work! Love you all!

Comment

Some pictures closer to the end. Click image for larger version

Name:	NL almost ready2.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	498501Click image for larger version

Name:	NL almost ready1.jpeg
Views:	287
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	498502Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1825.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	498510Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1826.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	498509Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1830.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	498508
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Man you sure got skills now looking at these very fine colas. Enjoy the harvest day she's looking close. Great job

Congrats! Looks fucking great👍🏻 Feels good to grow your own primo! No more overpriced dirt weed 😂 I’m into the butter in my coffee as well. My preferred method

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X