A simple curiosity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple curiosity

While in the garden the other day, I was checking all the girls over, feeding and doing a little bit of defoliation. I got to my little autoflower girls and found a boy in the bunch. I removed and destroyed it upon seeing the pollen sacks, but it left me curious about something, if I pollinated a photo plant with auto pollen, what would be then end result of those beans? Would I get a mix of some photo and some auto beans? Would I get shortened germination to harvest times? Would they carry a photo gene with mixed strain? I'm really kinda curious now, and almost regret destroying the little male. Anyone done something similar, and what happened in the end?

this is how autos are created, the trick is to find the autoflowering plant that will pass on the automatic genes and not much else. like you said you could have a mix of autos and photos or maybe most of them autos or most of them photos, only way to know is to try. some people created plants that pass only the automatic genes when lowrider was created, then they used that plant to make all other kinds of autos. but its all basically the same, the female is a high prized strain and the pollen comes from a known stable automatic that wont mess with the flavor or structure

Comment

That makes perfect sense, my first year trying autos and I've bred my own strains on photo plants before. Maybe next year I'll give it a try. This years crop has to be as top notch as possible, helping out a couple disabled veterans I know and want them to enjoy some nice medicine

Comment

I just crossed an auto with a male photo, I expect 25% to be like Mom (short little autos), 25% to be like Dad (big heavy setting plants) and 50% a cross between the 2.

Comment

• Smerft85
          Smerft85 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd love to know how they come out, would be sweet if your calculations were dead on!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X