Wisconsin flowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisconsin flowering

Can someone tell me when plants start there flowering outdoors in southern Wisconsin? I thought it was the beginning of August. I understand that as the day get shorter. But what usually the average time when it starts.? Thanks for response

Some plants will start flowering right away and others may take more time. Forget the “beginning” of flowering, when you grow outdoors and the season changes it’s very different from a 12/12switch. You can only truly try to guess the final harvest week. It’s usually in October but some quicker plants can finish during September. Depending on how north and how cold and how rainy it is you need to harvest before the buds rot or plants freeze but other than that you have very little control. Are you sure there are not artificial lights during the night?

Comment

That far north if it's a sativa it may not even finish before it starts snowing, I've been to oshkosh is early fall, and it was damn cold! What are you working with? Maybe post a few pics? I'm in southern Colorado and only about half my crop is starting to flower right now, the rest have pistils present, but no active flowering yet. 9fingerleafs is exactly right, outdoors is pretty much a guessing game, I've got two plants for example, both cut from the same mother plant, one is in early flower, and the other one isn't even trying to flower yet right next to each other, I've harvested as early as the middle of September, and as late as the first week of November. All depends on weather, strain, sunlight accessibility, and a very important one, lack of artificial light from any source, a cell phone light can affect a plants flower cycle in a negative way. I faught the artificial light problem last night with my temporary neighbor at the air b&b leaving their back porch light on all night.

Comment

This is when all us outdoor growers think about strains always want those to finish well in decent weather. I'm really cutting down on outdoor for sure it's just to damn frustrating with so many plants and iffy temps anymore. I like a good durban poison but i won't grow a outdoor monster of that sativa strain again. It's all indica hybrids or 80/20 we get 3months of decent growing for weed without protection later it's a moldy mess. Get a canopy or a cheapo greenhouse tall enough to handle them to finish but really look at strains and grow times in outdoors for your state. Less work and stress wish i'd take my advise more strongly but i will next year that's a fact.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Smerft85
          Smerft85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly why half my garden is clones this year of a heavy indica dominant strain and only have a couple sativa plants, one of which was an accident sativa dominant hybrid from a seed that fell off last year, thinking she is a golden goat x flo, but not positive.

Smerft85 yes i will only do these sativas indoors. And i've heard excellent reports on that golden goat strain.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X