Worried about my seedling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Worried about my seedling

Seedling is 23 days old from germination, the cotyledons are turning yellow and dry to the touch, yesterday the bottom set of leaves above them were drooping nearly touching the soil, the leaves are rather dark compared to other images / plants I have seen, I had an accident the other day whilst watering and split one of the leaves a bit, since yesterday I have stopped giving it nutrients and just feeding it water, more frequently, the leaves have sprung up but I’m unsure if I’m doing anything wrong, this is my first plant so I am unsure of any mistakes I may or may have not made, thank you for reading all of this aha 😅

If I’m doing anything wrong, please tell me as I’d be happy to learn how to fix it

Comment

I'll list your mistakes for you Spruc - I'll try and be gentle.

1 What are you growing your plant in? Soil mixed with about 30% perlite I hope is what is under your mulch on top. At least I hope it's mulch on top and not your grow medium. If it is mulch - take it off.

2 First plant - this mistake is an easy one to call - You're overwatering. Let it totally dry out between waterings and then water it until you get about 10% runoff. Assuming you have holes in that pot.

So - 2 mistakes - so far.

Don't worry about the first few leaves - they'll become useless and fall off. Your split leaf won't repair itself - just be thankful you didn't accidentally cut a stem.

Overall looks like a very healthy plant. Nice color.

If you'd like more help - write a complete list of your grow.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Spruc
        Spruc commented
        Editing a comment
        My growing medium is a “multi-purpose compost” on the package it says “ contains essential nutrients, Encourages healthy plant growth, perfect for most plant types, seeds and cuttings” is this a bad medium?

I figured it could be down to how I was watering it, when I gave it more water the leaves sprung up so I thought it was underwatering, I have drainage holes, with some paper towels underneath to absorb any moisture running around inside the tent,

Thank you for your help
        My list:
        100x100x200cm budda room tent
        Kingbo M600w LED
        BlackOrchid mixed flo 4”
        Multi-purpose compost from local store “hot soil”
        ADV PH perfect 3 part fertiliser
        Fox Hydroponics 4" Inch (100mm x 150mm) Carbon filter
        The plant is Critical mass
        Last edited by Spruc; 07-21-2020, 02:30 PM. Reason: Forgot an item

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X