Shift Light Cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift Light Cycle

Hello, just looking for a few opinions on shifting my light cycle. I have three flowering autos in a tent an my attic. The weather is getting hot so daytime temps in the tent are getting up to 33 or 34 for maybe 5 hrs in the middle of the day. Up to now the weather has not been great so temps were pretty ideal of mid twenties by day in the tent.

I'm contemplating a sudden shift in light cycle so the lights are off during the middle of the day. I guess I have the following concerns

1 Should I bother, is it ok if temp is high for a few hrs only each day
    2 would a sudden 12hr shift in the light schedule mess up the plants. I intend having one very long day to lead into the schedule shift
    3 my tent would probably end up hotter during lights out than lights on even if I make the change. Would this be a bad idea for this reason

Any advice appreciated.

Autos can deal with 24/0 lights, and may prefer it. RH when the lights are off would be my concern, but I grow outside in Oklahoma heat. I would extend the light off time, not the on time.
    Why 12/12s? Autos will flower under 24/0 starting at 3-5 weeks old.

Comment

They won't mind but like Rwise says why 12/12 they don't care as long as they get 18hrs of light or more is better for bud growth. How long they been in flower?
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks guys. 1 plant is about week 10, 2 others week 7. Just to be clear, I'm not intending to change the no of hours the lights are on, I just want to change the time of day the lights switch on and off. At the moment the lights go off at midnight for 6 hrs. I would like to change it so the light goes off at 12 midday for 6 hrs so they are off in the hottest part of the day. Just not sure if it will shock them by making such a drastic change in one go.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Got it and do it they won't mind

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          What she said!

Ok thanksguys. And would you be concerned if lights off temps are higher than lights on? Even so I'm guessing this is the better of two evils if it avoids getting up to the mid thirties in there

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X