Late start this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late start this season

I live in Southern Vietnam and I have a rooftop area with about 9 hrs of full sun (6 am to 3:30 pm) and shadowed the rest of the day. I bought some seeds from a dispensary on a visit to the states. Hard to get seeds here. I got started in late May. I have 2 plants growing one doing really well and 1 that started to bloom on me. It's about 22" tall, the other one is about 40" tall and wanted to turn but I caught in time better than the other short one. My question is putting them under a light revert them back to growing and stale the bloom? I have them on a light schedule from 5:30 to 12:00 am on a timer. The shadow is more where the sun starts to go down on the opposite side where there is a washroom between both sides causing the shadow. Another question is that affecting the plants heavily? I'm using Organic soil, bat guano, worm casting, dried cow manure, and organic time-release fertilizer. I don't have access to much of anything else organic. I also use some shredded coco and perlite. The light is a big outdoor light 40W in a metal type lamp shade positioned 12 or so inches above the bigger one. I'm trying the save the smaller one and get something more than a smaller bud off of it. I'll take a picture later and post them. Oh, and the smaller one is in a 10 gal plastic black pot and the bigger one is in a handmade bamboo container 20" x 20" x 12" deep. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Not an expert but re veg plants have risk of going hermie or to decrease yields as I heard. Its a risk for sure. Playing with plants nature

Comment

Welcome novicemike
      Shade wont affect flowering- it's the 12hrs of total darkness that does that. It MIGHT slow growth etc just a little.
      How old was the plant that flowered 1st? Could it be an auto?
      & next time you mix soil I would leave out the time release fertilizer.

Comment

Yes, I was wondering if it was an auto-flowering too. Since all the seeds are different it could be an auto. But will the light I'm using revert them back to the growing stage.
        I planted the seeds in mid-May, if it is an auto wouldn't grow longer before want to bloom? Never have grown auto before so I don't know but it has been about 6-8 weeks so I guess it could but it's so small 20". Thank you for your input.

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          If she's an auto it won't mater what you do with the lights. They turn somewhere around 20- 30 days. 20inches is about how tall mine were when they decided to flower.

So These are the plants in question. When I bought the seeds they were supposed to be Lemon Lava but they are all different.

Comment

Some seed banks are selling piss poor genetics, and this is what you get from them. I am reading more and more of this, sad.
          Autos have an internal clock that cannot be reset, they start to flower at 3-5 weeks of age and can finish as fast as 56 days some go 130+ days (very strain dependent).

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X