Help diagnosing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help diagnosing problem

Hi all. I bought these clones two weeks ago and they are getting spots on leaves and the leaves are dying. I can’t see any bugs or anything. I’ve read the troubleshooting guide on GWE but am wondering what you all think may be causing this? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6B1516E4-7535-42D4-A8E7-C9F19315EACB.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	5.10 MB
ID:	429969
    4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

What about your setup ?
    PH levels ?
    type of soil ?
    watering practices? How much and how often?
    nutrients ? Any kind ? If, how much then ?
    Using cal mag supplement?
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

drooping leaves generally mean an over- or underwatering issue, discoloured leaves might result from root issues caused by overwatering...hard to say without more specific info.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWiese91 View Post
        What about your setup ?
        PH levels ?
        type of soil ?
        watering practices? How much and how often?
        nutrients ? Any kind ? If, how much then ?
        Using cal mag supplement?
        Some about my setup is in my signature. RO water PH 6.0 w GH Cal Mag and GH Flora Trio, early growth every other watering/feeding. Water as needed when pots are dry. Usually about 8 oz each every other day of either nutes or plain RO w/ Fish Sh!t @ 5/mL per gallon. Currently in FF Light Warrior soil will transfer to Roots Organic 707 if they make it that far. Calibrate my pen weekly. Checked it against the colored drops to make sure. I’ve had five successful grows in this setup.
        4’x4’x6 1/2’ tent, Nextlight Mega, Roots Organics 707 soil in 5 gallon square plastic planters, GH Flora Series Performance Pack nutes alternated with Fish Sh!t in RO water

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the info needed.
          You definitely have a lockout problem.
          If your PH in your water feeding are on spot, my suggestion is you have some kind of root problem.

Doesn’t look like a nute burn, even though you are feeding it fish shit on watering. This is why I think the problem is the soil or the PH of the soil

Try varying your pH every watering. You could be locking out some nutes if your pH is consistently 6.0.

Comment

Pop one out and look at the roots.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hey sgiacomo, are you sure those are 5 gallon pots?? I just smoked a big fatty of year old weed...am i hallucinating? or do you have a very large timer and light bar?.. and how big are your trays?. i think 4 five gallon pots would take up more space in a 4x4 tent than that..gonna go smoke some hindu kush and have another look...back in a bit
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

• sgiacomo
              sgiacomo commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha not in 5 gal pots yet, thanks for pointing that out lol

Took Mr.furley’s advice and popped one out for a look. Roots are nice and white, evenly distributed but not root bound. I did notice a bug this morning on the inside of the tent. It hopped before I could get a picture, may have had wings but was tiny and gray, smaller than a fungus gnat. Anyway, hoping this additional info might help with narrowing down.

Comment

Anyone have any other ideas? Bug damage(see above)?

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can’t ffs 🤦🏼
                My danish phone corrected it to “can” instead 🤦🏼 My fault

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Got it now, lol.

• CaptainWiese91
                CaptainWiese91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry for the mistake 😂

Man this is frustrating! I love a challenge but geez. Took this photo this morning, took off the dead leaves again after the pic. No sign of bugs
              Click image for larger version

Name:	4C0A57A1-87BB-43F7-AFC2-5D372A6BD325.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	5.20 MB
ID:	432313

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd catch some runoff and see what your pH is. your plans look hungry.

• sgiacomo
                sgiacomo commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr.furley I agree they look hungry. These are four weeks old and just not getting it done so I have decided to start with a fresh batch and am putting these outside. I was able to source four Blue Steel clones still in plugs so was able to use my own soil after decontaminating equipment, etc. Thanks for the comments everyone! Happy growing!

Did you make a flush ?
              Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
              You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• sgiacomo
                sgiacomo commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. Yes I flushed them

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X