Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange leafburn/signs, help?

Hey guys,

I´m on my first grow, and i´m entering week 5 of veg. I have since from early veg had some strange excess/deficiency showing on my leaves.
    Right now it seems i have it under control, but it would be nice to know what the actual problem was/is. It started with "dryness" of leaves, then slowly burned/holes.
    Following the leaf pattern.

I had some pH issues with my soil and it caused salt buildup, easy flushed over a couple of weeks, so on the right track now. (from 5.3 to 6.4 now, PPM 600ish)
    So i im hoping this was the problem. But i´d like to be prepared if it continue in new growth.

But anyways, here are some pictures. I still haven´t found any chart online or in guides that visualize signs like these.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by nor420; 07-19-2020, 12:52 PM.

If you're in soil, pH should be 6-6.5. Get pictures with natural light for us. It's lookong like a calcium deficiency but that blurple doesn't do good for us cause it changes the color of everything
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Im in soil. Aiming for 6.5 all the way yes.

Here are pictures of the same leaf, pinched it off 30 minutes ago.

Attached Files

Comment

Have you checked for bugs? Before I enlarged it I would jave said possibly a magnesium def, but it looks like those leaves are being ate up
        Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

If your pH was that low and os bouncing up and down by a point or two, deficiency is bound to occur so before you can put a fork in the problem, you have to get that pH stable
          Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Originally posted by Gjourney101 View Post
            Have you checked for bugs? Before I enlarged it I would jave said possibly a magnesium def, but it looks like those leaves are being ate up
            It did cross my mind, so i have checked for bugs several times and havent found anything, and i believe if it was bugs the problem would be much more extensive ..
            I forgot to mention that it´s been mostly affecting 1 of my 3 plants, which is a different strain than the 2 others.

Comment

• Jordann
              Jordann commented
              Editing a comment
              You said it's one strain of 3. Are you feeding all 3 the same mix of nutes. I mix my water based on each plant. Even 2 plants of the same strain, one can burn and one can be defficent, one eats 10 percent and is happy and the other eats 100 and is still hungry.
              Looks like calmag or bugs. But ph has to be on point. Once you find your happy place. Say 6.3 don't go below 6 or above 6.5.

If your pH was that low and os bouncing up and down by a point or two, deficiency is bound to occur so before you can put a fork in the problem, you have to get that pH stable
            Yep, as mentioned im in the correct range now i believe, so i will give it some more time to see what happens. I hope it was "just that".

I had to check with a forum if anyone have seen and experienced something similar and had a go to answer.

Thanks!

Comment

I'd start with the pH. Even if the nutrients are physically available, a pH to low or to high (below 6.0 or above 7) will cause nutrient lockout. Do you have a pH pen or how are you monitoring your pH?
              Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
              300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

I'd start with the pH. Even if the nutrients are physically available, a pH to low or to high (below 6.0 or above 7) will cause nutrient lockout. Do you have a pH pen or how are you monitoring your pH?
                As i wrote in the first post i´ve had pH issues, some weeks ago. The run-off of all 3 was 5.3, waaaay too low. And insane PPM. I watered heavily with 7.0 water only for two weeks.(once a week) Run off earlier this week was at 6.3 , and PPM 460 on all 3, watered with 6.8 2 days ago. Water (6.8) and nutes again tomorrow.

So yes, i have a pH pen :-) Do people grow without in 2020?

Comment

• Gjourney101
                  Gjourney101 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Believe it or not, some people wing it. Don't ask me how cause I really don't know. I don't have the pen (getting one this week for the last couple weeks until harvest) but I do have the manual drop tester. I'd wait until others chime in here. Only other question I'd have is about the nutrients you are using.

How does the new growth look?
                Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
                300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

How does the new growth look?
                  New growth looks perfect. A bit older have small amounts of same signs, but nowhere near as the pictures.

The problems started and went one while only using half dose of BioBizz Root Juice for a couple of waterings after transplanting from solo cups to 3 gallon airpots. I use Terra Professional soil.

Since the PPM was incredible high early (over 1000, because way too low pH in soil, have no idea why) before adding any nutes at all,i didnt start and skipped my planned nutes (YARA Mila 12-4-18 micro) for 3 weeks while flushing and correcting instead. I have only watered with those nutes 1 time, 1 week ago. After the two weeks of flushing getting pH up and PPM down to normal levels.

Comment

If new growth is good and she is growing a good rate, I'd say she's recovering good. Just keep an eye on those leaves. See if it progresses daily
                    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
                    300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• nor420
                      nor420 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Will do, thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X