Question about the switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the switch.

Had a question about when to actually switch nutrients for the flowering phase. It looks like I'm in preflower now but when do I stop the veg nutes and switch to bloom. I'm outdoors in pots and in the ground. Seems like a long time go with limited nitrogen. Tried to find info in the tutorials but most are for indoor.

Hey Bowhunterwoody hope all is well in your area of the world yes they are slowly going into transition stage now depends on daylight lengths. When my photo grows are healthy and going well outdoors as yours are i don't rush with the bloom nute change i just give less growth food less nitro or no more top dressings of bat poop or worm casings. I let them have there last grow feed then water dry out water. By Aug. 1st i give 5-10-5 ratio of NPK last 2 higher the better and do give some nitro for health of plant. That's the way i go when i got a great photo outdoor grow, but mine are " dung beetle food " this year do to my timing the grow LOL I gotta joke about it cause it's makes me sick.............no worries autos are saving the day and 4 photos in a tent.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SoOrbudgal. Yea, things are ok in the northeast these days. Hot and humid, mid 90's. Watering every day. Trying to do a little fishing when the wind lays down. Guess I'll just start slowing down on the vegging nutes slowly an then transition to the bloom. I use Dyna grow bloom 3-12-6. Seemed to work last year but I wouldn't know any different as it was my first grow. Plus I grew in MG not knowing any better so it was a little screwy. Thanks again.

Macro nutrients are your primary concern. Do not abruptly switch from veg to bloom nutrients. The phase known as the flowering stretch (week 1-3 of flowering) requires ample amounts of nitrogen still, so it is best to gradually switch. I lowered my veg feed and heightened my bloom feed every feeding until I stopped veg feed all together and maxed out (50% dosage) my bloom feed.
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Really depends on what kind of flower nutes you have ??
      normal flower nutes have some N also, so I wouldn’t be worry. And just make the switch when I see white pistils.
      If you have bloom boosters - like 0-13-14 then maybe you should gradually lower the Veg nutes.

But normally and honestly I just make the switch of nutrients as soon as I see white hairs.

again. Also depends on the strain and your setup, and how much is left in the soil.
      Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
      You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Hey woody i used that dyna grow bloom last season but could not get it this season in Jan. so i went with the " age old organics bloom 5-10-5" yes a bit of nitro during bloom phase is needed i think.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks again everyone. That's the reason I love this site. Always helpful.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X