1st time auto-fem growing question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time auto-fem growing question.

Greetings, I'm about to plant auto-fems for the 1st time. I'm only familiar with lighting schedules for photoperiod seeds. So, I was wondering what kind of lighting schedule any auto-fem growers, here, use on their plants.

EDIT: Please note, I have updated my sig to reflect current grow as of date of this post.
    Last edited by growsomebuds; 07-19-2020, 08:33 AM.
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Many use 20/4 or 18/6 or 16/8, they can take 24/0 which is what I run until they last few days/week when I cut to 12/12s followed by 48 hours dark. The dark at the end seems to pick up flavors and aromas. I do have an auto outside with no added lights, they can be flexible with the light time, but more light equals more bud. They are on their own timer,

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      You can grow photos in a short term by flipping the lights at 3-5 weeks old, this will produce about the same harvest as the auto with less cost.

I agree with Rwise
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

18/6 here - only cuz I want my light to last or I would run it 20/4.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Do you guys place a dome over your auto-fem seedlings?
        AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
        Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
        Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system
        Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I only dome when the seed with tiny root shows from germination. I place it in a solo cup cover it with a bit of soil lightly water it and place a dome over it or baggie. Once i see the colyendron and first leaf i remove it and just under the CFL about 6"

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          I cover them from seed to standing, burping them for an hour or two once or twice a day to prevent mold. Usually within 48 hours or so from planting, they are standing and their cotyledons are open and I'll remove the cover for good.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X