Grow Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Update

We’ve been busy y’all. For those that come here often you may know a little about where we were a few weeks ago but for those that don’t here’s a little background.

Started in a 2x2x4 tent with 150W LED and 100 CFM duct fan (among other things). Decided to upgrade my light to 450W LED in hopes of increasing my yield (still in veg right now). After installing my new light I checked on the grow and the temperature had increased to 97F in my tent. Some changes needed to be made…

Upgraded my tent to a 2x4x5 (maxes out grow space) and my fan to 203 CFM. That along with dropping $200 on a window unit AC has seemed to fix my problem. Temperature has ranged from 68-79F in my tent. Couldn’t return the 100 CFM duct fan so using it to pull cool air into the tent. Hung my filter but haven’t hooked it up yet as smell isn’t an issue right now. I’ve included pictures of my set up.

Repotted 3 of 4 into 5 gallon pots and the other in a 3 gallon pot. Manifolding the 3 while using LST to get the nodes to grow out wide. Almost ready to top again as we should be moving to flower in a few weeks. Not sure what is going on with the 3 gallon one. She stunted after her repot a few weeks ago and though she looks healthy she’s just not growing. Will only be using LST after I top the 6th node on this one.

Right now nuting is alternating between 1/2 tsp FloraGrow & FloraMicro, 1/4 tsp FloraBloom, & 1 tsp CalMag per gallon of water and water with just 1 tsp CalMag. Medium is coco coir with pearlite.

Finally, got myself a lux meter after reading Nebula’s article on how to use them to adjust lighting. Current readings at canopy are 30-45k lux.

p.s. I included 2 pictures because I wanted to show y’all something I found at Home Depot. The metal box in the bottom right hand corner of one of my pictures is an “Adjustable Vent Periscope”. Basically one side slides up and down so that you can adjust the air flow. I thought it would be good to address any light leak issue. Put a panty hose on the duct fan and barely any light gets out (the included picture was on a long exposure so it’s a lot less light than that). A panty hose on the inside got rid of the light entirely but I had concerns about airflow so we just used the one as I don’t believe any light will be getting into the tent. Anyways I know lots of people like using cardboard boxes I just thought I would share this alternative that looks a little cleaner.

I want to see how's it going....Time for some Pics

Comment

A little over a week into flower. Had to remove a male so we are working with 3 now.

Comment

dam..oh well...it happens...

Looking good..what are your hopes or expectancy out of the 3

Comment

Well with this being my first grow I really don’t know what to expect. I suppose I’d like to get 6 zips from the grow but that’s just an estimate. I’m using a 450W LED that draws 200W so if we hit 1 gram/W we are looking at 7 oz so that would be nice. May look into more lighting in the future.

Comment

• Xena
            Xena commented
            Editing a comment
            The supposed watts that the manufacturer puts on their products isn’t what you want to go by. You said 450w actually pulling 200w, then you should figure off of 200w. I was told 35w per sq. ft. for veg and 60w per for flower. I find all the led manufacturers to be very misleading with their info, go to their site and check the fine print for your model if it’s available.

Okay...but..You have 4 plants sharing that 450w? Then your expectancy should be smaller. Should have just went with 2. I am waiting on my White Runtz and I have room for 4 but I will only be growing 2 plants under my 2000w cause I want to maximize my 2 plants. 4 plants would take away from the growth.

Nonetheless, keep me (US) Posted.

Comment

Would it be too late to add another light? Ideally in the future I would like to run 4 plants (have feminized seeds ready to go). If so would another 450W do the trick?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Rotate them under the sweet spot of LED till you get more light.

I'm Uncertain...I'm an Old Outdoor grower who is just starting DWC Indoor. I would say it would maybe cause some Stress ...But to be safe....Quickly ask a more Experienced Indoor

Ideally, it should help the bloom...More Sun peeping outside the Clouds.

Comment

How are they looking? Did you add the extra light?

Comment

Originally posted by mOsArt View Post
                How are they looking? Did you add the extra light?
                I just ordered this one:
                SPIDER FARMER SF-2000 LED Grow Light 2x4 ft Flower Compatible with Samsung LM301B Diodes & MeanWell Driver Dimmable Grow Lights Full Spectrum for Indoor Hydroponic Plants Veg Bloom 606pcs LEDs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TVD1Y3K..._ndqwFbJ33XBBV

It will be in on Sunday.

Everything is looking pretty good. We still didn’t get the stretch we hoped for so did some defoliating to help the bud growth. Here’s some recent pictures (sorry for the burple light)

Comment

Ok...Well...Now you know what to do the next time.. that Spider Farmer is pretty popular and will certainly push some nice Nuggets. I may get one when I move to my home.

The crops are looking good

Comment

Ended up not going with the SF2000. It just didn’t make sense for me financially at this point. Found some other QB1000s that had pretty much exact specs (at least as advertised) and were cheap enough that I also got a COB x5 arrangement to supplement the overall set up. Will be pushing ~450W in the tent so I am where I think I need to be and spent way less that what the SF2000 alone would have cost me.

This was the first grow and I learned a ton in the past few months. Taking my future yield with a grain of salt as it was bag seed and so much changed with my set up throughout the grow cycle. The next few grows will really show if what I have is what I need. It’s been a journey for sure.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are doing really well dalvis. Good light selection very strong growth from what i was reading about them. Those COB are great but careful at the height when placed directly over the plant place higher to begin with don't want to burn or bleach the tops. Really good looking plant

What Strain does your Bag Seed represent? Or can you tell? Usually, you narrow it down to what is plentiful in your area/region and go from there. But Yes indeed, if you are just looking to learn from the bag seed and then on the next grows, they will just get better and better.

Comment

• dalvis
                      dalvis commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I honestly don’t really know because I got them from a friend who had collected them over the years (splitting this first harvest with him, seems like a bad deal now but oh well). Definitely have learned so much during this grow. I’m sure I will learn more on my next grow as well. The advice on this forum has been invaluable.

Well, just clone like crazy. Then, you will look back at this harvest and say, buwhahahaha..I came out on top. Yeah he knows what you can do with the seeds. If you like your buds you don't have to start over from scratch. Just clone and clone again. If not, just move on to another project.

Comment

checking back up...

How's it going? What's your Net Weight?

Comment

• dalvis
                        dalvis commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for checking in! Chopped them last week and had them hanging. Put them in jars today with a total weight of just over 3.6 oz. A lot lower than I anticipated but so much changed that I can’t say what exactly was the reason.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X