Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beginner, should I be concerned about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    replied
    Compost! If you have room to do it, it pays off, we toss many things that make great soil, potato peels, apple peels, grass clippings, a good hot compost can eat some hair or feathers, on and on. Tree leaves (not black walnut) ground fine, cow poo (other poo's, cow is best), blood meal, bone meal, peat moss (great PH down). However if coffee grounds are used the caffeine must be completely removed.

Leave a comment:

• MeEasy
    replied
    I'm lookin for any and all advice and tricks from experienced friends. I've been reading about teas, aloa vera, and potassium silicate

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I find that with organic soil and 20+ gallon pots, you will still need to feed! I make my own organic stuff to feed them with.

• MeEasy
    replied
    Organic growing is much simpler as long as you keep your soil alive you just add water, no flushing or ph worrys. I've just started my soil for my first organic run and hoping for the best. Just been reading these guys posts and every article I can find. I learned everything that you will ever need to know about learning I'll explain.... you will never stop learning

Leave a comment:

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    Oh man I love stuff like this... "or boil 12 washed egg shells and make that into a gallon." Rwise that is the kind of stuff that I like to learn about and I guess just takes time to come to know.

• dhoyt1234
    replied
    Nice. I will definitely be researching that!

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly, I dont bother with PH, dont even have a tester.

• dhoyt1234
    commented on 's reply
    This is helpful thank you!

• dhoyt1234
    replied
    Originally posted by Rwise View Post
    I use pelleted dolomite to buffer up, and pelleted sulfur to buffer down, I put both in the soil and let the plant move things around and adjust the PH to their needs. One could dissolve some dolomite in water for a quick fix kinda thing, or boil 12 washed egg shells and make that into a gallon use 1 cup to each gallon of water..
    So when you mix these pelleted dolomite and sulfer together in the soil the plant uses them to pH balance itself? So you wouldn't need to worry as much?

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    I totally agreed with CaptainWiese91 , keep your PH level (6.3 - 6.5) in that range when using soil as your medium..

• MeEasy
    replied
    8.5 ph is never good here's a link that might help you out.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...h-fluctuations

edit = this is actually the page that shows how to fix ph

https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph
    Last edited by MeEasy; 07-19-2020, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I use pelleted dolomite to buffer up, and pelleted sulfur to buffer down, I put both in the soil and let the plant move things around and adjust the PH to their needs. One could dissolve some dolomite in water for a quick fix kinda thing, or boil 12 washed egg shells and make that into a gallon use 1 cup to each gallon of water..

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    To me it looks like a PH issue for sure.
    Just make your PH water on 6,3-6,5 and water with this range.
    If you adjust it too 8,5 (which is high) you end up with a soil to high when not paying attention.

• dhoyt1234
    replied
    Well... My PH is way low. My run off is between 4 and 5. I just poured two cups of water I adjusted to like 8.5 twice and my run off is still low. I'm going to let it sit for like an hour and try again and see what happens. I don't know how else I would fix the PH?

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    I dont like to, but as long as you do no damage to the roots all will be good. And also look at what some have done in solo cups!

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X