Obese Buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obese Buds

Hey guys. I'd say roughly I'm at the end of week 2 or in the middle of week 3. I don't keep track of days because I've got way too much going on and I neglected to keep up with dates, but nonetheless.

I'm wondering when my buds will start to thicken up. All white pistils have been exposed for a while now, no new leaf or stem growth. I have my carbon filter set up and all is ready for the onset of these buds. And yes before you ask... This is my anticipation speaking. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_125708.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	428168
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Looks like they Are where they should be for 2-3 weeks into flower. Should be thickening up by weeks 5-6. Patience is virtue. Try not looking at them at all for 2-3 days then you will see a difference. A watched pot never boils.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Lookin good for 2wks. My few grows it's taken 5-7 wks to really git started stacking up & bulking out.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yeah I stopped the habit of checking on them everyday late into veg, but I'll be damned if I didn't start doing it again once flowering started.

Here's one more question. There is about 3-4 inches of stem between each bud site. Will those spaces get filled in by the maturing buds?

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• golfnrl
          golfnrl commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes...that's whatcha' want. I had a bunch of those but some didn't fatten up. Trying to understand why so I can improve...but sampling the grow is still great even if it could have been better.

Depends on the strain and whether it is Indica or Sativa dominant, assuming you are growing hybrids. My Indica dominant strains tend to fill in more than the sativas
        If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Definitely a hybrid, but more indica leaning

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X