3 stem plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 stem plant

I have four plants that i am growing from seed and one of them has 3 stems. Never seen this before. I topped them at the fourth stem level and it resumed growing with only two stems with one much thicker than the other and has grown twice as fast as the other. After about 3 weeks, i noticed the thicker stem has started to grow into two stems. It is like the two stems joined together after the topping and are now splitting on their own to become a three stem plant again. Any idea what is going on? I can't find anything on the internet and people I've spoken to has never heard of this before.

Pictures ????
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Comment

Nice mutations. Picture of the whole plant could be nice.
        but I wouldn’t worry about it ? Are you making any training techniques on the plant ?
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Kind of hard to see what you're talking about in that picture. As long as she's healthy it's okay. We love mutations
          Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
          Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
          FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

If you look in the middle of the photo you can see the joined stem self splitting back into a three stem plant. I did not tale photos when it was small but think of a normal two stem plant , like all my others but thos one had three.

Comment

Yes mutation for sure. I suppose thats all it is.

Comment

Sorry, i should have taken photos earlier

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We like odd weed and i think at one time long ago i did have 2 stems joined together. Outdoors they were.

You're fine. Keep us updated if you would like to. Sounds interesting
                Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
                300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
                Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
                FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Two photos. One of the whole plant and the other shows the stem self splitting.

Comment

Comment

No training yet. I've pruned it and seems to get enough light.

Comment

First time growing. And from seed. I don't know what they are. Last year was my first year. I got a seedling from a friend. Long story but i Got about 2 ounces last year and 2 plants had seeds. That's what I'm growing now. Sativa for sure. I compared the THC level last week (July 4th) with some purchased medically and it compared with the the medical THC level at 19.

Comment

Fyi, I'm in Ontario Canada. I noticed the posting time is 4 hours ahead of me.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X