Outside Organic Growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Outside Organic Growing

OK, it's been since 2016 and now I am at it again with some old seeds I had in an old box. I germinated and this one baby is what I now have! Just in soil from last years veggie garden. Last year used Bumper Crop Organic and grew corn, green beans, pumpkins. So this is the soil it is in. BUT... I want to do right and help my baby thrive. What should I feed it? Should I plant it in the garden bed? or keep in a container by itself? Does anyone companion plant with other vegetables or flowers? I sprinkled very little, used coffee grounds in it this morning (for nitrogen) but nothing else yet. What should be my next step? Looking forward to tips and learning for this years growing season. Thanks all!

I have one bag seed plant growing right now about same age as yours. I've transplanted it into 5gal cont. I mix my own soils but add lots of perlite looks like your soil will need some. Anyhoo i use to put them in ground not anymore weather unpredictable in my area of Oregon no more 3 months of summer seems like 8wks about anymore. Hence got a small Green house so i don't know your climate you be the judge for how you wanna do it.

I don't know if mines a female yet so she's away from my other real gals till she makes the show. Get it in a bigger pot is #1 good fluffy soil with coco coir and perlite 10gal minum size for pot. Start with that and good luck.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• KLC
      KLC commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank so much for the tips! I'm in NY on Long island. I'll make my allowances and def get a bigger container and the coco coir & perlite. Good luck to you as well, Thanks!

Coffee grounds contain caffeine, caffeine is an herbicide!, herbicides kill plants (at least stunts their growth). It made my 65 day autos take 110+ days, if the caffeine is completely washed out they would be ok, to much risk for me.
    Me Myself and I would plant it in the garden, or at least a larger pot (I use 20+ gallon pots that are to small outside and inside)

Comment

Cool beans KLC you guys got some great growing temps.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X