Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Hermie Plant Week 7 Flowering. What to do Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Hermie Plant Week 7 Flowering. What to do Now?

The most mature of four White Widow photos feminized (ILGM seed source) plants is showing pollen sacs. They are in week 7 of flowering. The trichomes on the most mature (and hermie) plant are still mostly clear with the exception of some of the top sugar leaves where many of them are cloudy and amber. So after reading some about this, there are sort of two paths that I have read. One is let it be and let the plants try to finish and maybe harvest a little early, the other is to remove the hermie plant and hope that it has not already pollinated the other three plants. There was another path suggested and that was to remove all of the pollen sacs with tweezers and hope you can do that and hope you do not burst any while doing it. I don't like my chances of getting them all and not bursting any of them while removing them.

Does anyone have any experiences you can share and what you did?

If I did remove the hermie plant and harvested it today (and hope that the others do not hermie and have not been pollinated already), would there be any THC in the soon to be dried and cured buds even if the trichomes are clear?

Thanks as always for your feedback.

From the first 2 pics. It really looks like you just have female calyx??
    doesnt look like pollen sacs to me.

but if you have pollen sacs, I had one plant in my last grow. And I checked it everyday for 1-3 hours and cut off all the sacs before they were mature. And I didn’t have a single seed in my 5 plants
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m really sure they are not.
      Because yours they sit directly on the stem.
      Pollen sacs are hanging from the stem, on a little stem itself.

• crunchyfrog
      crunchyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi again, and thanks again. Yes, they are sitting directly on the stem, in the crotch of a new branch My apologies and thank you for your patience. I guess I have a overwhelming fear something is going to go wrong. I will post another picture that shows a very few brownish hairs coming out of the apex of the "pollen sac" or better identified by you and others as a female calyx or preflower.

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have brown hairs from them, it’s definitely a female calyx👍🏻😎.

Don’t apologies! Years back I did the same when I saw them in my first grow 😅. Pretty common paranoia about sacs😆.
      Better safe than sorry right

I do not see any male pollen sacs either. Click image for larger version

Name:	D91BA77C-3D79-4772-BBBE-65FFD9F793D2.png
Views:	447
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	427455
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Here us what male pollen sacks look like. I believe What you are Calling Male pollen Sacs are really female preflowers that usually show up just before the major budding begins. Click image for larger version

Name:	B0109D94-8AAE-4B8D-BB27-37B5A95D79E6.png
Views:	441
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	427459
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with Korn on this one

Hermies have what looks like a tiny bunch of bananas, I see female flower on your plant.

Comment

Thank you Smerft85 , CaptainWiese91 , and Korn . I will be so happy when this first grow is finished... I worry about every little thing, sorry for the false alarm. Photo below of one of my "pollen sacs" with little brownish hairs coming out of the end.

Comment

If it’s your first grow, you are doing good ! Better than I did in my first grows. But I didn’t have a site to rely on, so I made all possible mistakes 🤦🏼

keep up the good work. Keep calm and be flexible 👍🏻
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Congratulations, it's a girl! 😁

Comment

Smoke 1 and chill
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X