Supercropping an AK-47?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Supercropping an AK-47?

I'm taking care of an AK-47 outdoor regularis, she's been on the soil from the 31st of Match, she's been transplanted twice - now being in a 40l vase - and the soil and nutrients are from a brand called Gold Label.

The lowest branches have been supercropped, even though I advised the owner of the plant to just cut them down. She was also fimmed at the same time.

It has grown quite a lot since, and I'm wondering if I should supercrop the higher branches.
    For me supercropping has always given me positive results but the plant is starting to flower a little bit, however since Im from Portugal and the days here are rather long and only in late September do they get shorter, I'm inclined to do it since the plant has plenty of time to flower even if it slows down a bit after supercropping. But does it impact the size of the buds to slow it down because of stress during the early stages of the flowering phase?

Its so big right now and the branches have become so thick that Im not sure I can supercrop the higher branches due to lack of strength.

Btw I know the plant seems hungry and indeed it was being a bit underfed but those pictures are from friday, I have corrected and risen the nutrient ratio.

Thanks a lot
    ​​​​​​

First I'd like to say she's beautiful! Personally I wouldn't super crop the upper portion this late, she looks like she is into flower further than I like to super crop and in full bloom she may break her own branches from the weight. Instead I'd consider LST if anything, tie her branches out away from the center a bit, and let the center of the plant expand, should still help a bigger yield I would think. I'm a self taught gardener, so take my advise as you will, but I think super cropping her right now wouldn't do you any favors and may hurt her in the end.

Comment

• Thysanoptera
      Thysanoptera commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, your advises are great and I will take them into account.
      I didnt take into account the fact that the weight may snap the damaged branches. It's flowering rather slowly though, do you reckon it may be due to the high number of daylight hours?
      Thanks mate!

What is the question exactly?

Eu também moro em Portugal. a propósito, é uma planta bonita. você está perguntando se você pode super cortá-lo agora? Se essa fosse minha planta, eu deixaria crescer
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Thysanoptera
      Thysanoptera commented
      Editing a comment
      Não te sei dizer se super cortar é o mesmo que supercropping, desculpa.
      O supercropping é estalar os ramos com os dedos para direcionar a planta e para criar reservas nos ramos que ajudam a que os cabeços sejam maiores.
      A minha pergunta é se eu fizer isso agora, que ela já está a florir (mas devagar por causa das horas de luz acho eu), se isso ia prejudicar a floração ou como tem tempo para recuperar posso fazê-lo?
      Um abraço e obrigado

como o outro produtor sugere, talvez seja LST. Mas as pessoas também supercrop no estágio de floração das plantas, ficam no alto da tenda, também no estágio de floração. mas ao ar livre eu a deixava florescer e fazer LST sim. Onde estás em Portugal? tem 15 plantas fora agora. e eu apenas os deixei crescer em seu potencial. Tenha um bom dia
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X