Are buds growing on these spots during flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are buds growing on these spots during flower

So these are bud sites? Those spikes? Didnt even bothered asking before hahah
    Attached Files

Those "spikes" I've always known as flags. I like to think of them as underwear for the sex organs, technically speaking they are part of the budsight, but males grow flags too. Not all of the flags represent a budsight though, along the main stalk of the plant you will get flags but buds dont typically grow directly from the main stalk. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda yes. But how to identify spot where bud will start forming

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      And I have them on almost all stalks and stems

Most flag locations will be budsights, all of them should at least show sex organs. Your buds will take over the top 2-3 nodes of every branch. The little white hairs that emerge to show sex are basically the start of the flower itself. Some of the buds at the very top where it gets the most light can take over 6-8 nodes and main cola's can produce bud groups that be several inches to a foot of flower on the branch. My avatar picture may help you see how the buds form, and that cola wasn't even the biggest on that particular plant.

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Second and third pics are bud sites - like smerft was saying - the buds don't grow out of the stems. Along and on branches - yes.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Cunjo420
      Cunjo420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Now Im lost how are 2 and 3. Different from first pic. All 3 have same spiky things

Hang on a sec, I'll go take a picture or two to help explain things.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      They're all bud sutes - sorry

Comment

Dont know if you can read what I posted in those pictures or not, and yes, that's a bong smoking garden gnome lol.

Comment

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately only beggining of sentence is visible. But I think I understood all of it. Very pretty plants buddy

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just wonder what you wanted to say in 2. Pics. Main stalk has same pistils but...

• Cunjo420
        Cunjo420 commented
        Editing a comment
        But wont grow flowrr turned phone horizontally hahah

First pic, everything above my fingers will be a flower sight, it should consume the branch in that area into the middle of the bud. Second pic shows the main stalk, still has flags and pistols, but wont grow a flower there. Thank you for the compliments!

Comment

Smerft,
        You are very knowledgeable. Not to take over this thread in any way but I have the same dilemma. Can you give me your opinion on if you think this plant is in preflower? This is my first try ever so I'm learning as I go. Thank you.

Comment

• Smerft85
          Smerft85 commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like very early stages of pre-flower, just enough that you have two little tiny pistils in the crotches exposing gender. Looks female from what I can see but she is still in veg for sure. August 1st will be when I switch my nutes for flower outdoor in my area.

Howdy Cunjo420, Those 'spikes', as You called them, are stipules. They appear at or just below the growth nodes. They appear on both male and female plants. The bud sites will show, first pre-flowers, then male or female flowers, in the 'crotch' of the stem and leaf stem after the plant goes into bloom. Some growers believe that the stipules are an early sign of the plants gender, crossed for female and pointing out for male. In the last nine grows, I can say that most, but not all, of my female plants had crossed stipules on them. Similar 'appendages' appear on other plants like vines and other climbing plants. Since cannabis is in the same family as hops, it just might be a 'left over' part from way back when it was a 'climber', just My assumption.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reply. So they cross during flower? Because mine are pointing out and I would kill myself to find out I have male. Havent seen even 1 pollen sack so far

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cunjo420, I have not seen any of My plants change from uncrossed to crossed (or vise versa) , but it is not a sure sign either way. Let them go until they show positively whether they are male or female or not. The early flowers will tell for sure.
          Good luck

Ohh DW2 Smerft85 as you are here let me ask you one more question so I dont open any topics. People will kill me how much I ask. Do you know any homemade recipes for bloom nutrients. Specially food for flowering stage. Since I would like my own than stuff from bottles

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          A friend of mine used to only use worm castings (basically worm poop! LOL) and the local 'hard' water (lost of minerals in it). He did not raise the worms Himself, but I had an Uncle that raised worms for bait, fed them used coffee grounds, flour (wheat), and general table scraps (leftover veggies and meat scraps). My friend grew His weed in coco coir indoors under HPS lamps. The weed turned out great, very fragrant and potent.

Not exactly. Molasses and organic nutes have always been my go-to. I'm using Dr. Earth product this year primarily along with my worm juice from my worm farm. I wouldn't really call any of it home made, maybe the worm juice....

Comment

• Cunjo420
          Cunjo420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha. Ye I see. I guess Ill Go with bottled nutrients. I would love to have natural flowering stage with no additives but Im scared of halving my yield

My Dr. Earth stuff is a dry bagged nute, almost a powder. I wouldn't worry too much about a huge yield being ruined by lack of nutes, I've grown heavy plants using nothing more than tap water. Care and manipulating the plant can give you a good yield of good bud, and you are doing fine!

Comment

Smoke 1 and chill
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X