How long to leave extraction fan on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to leave extraction fan on?

My girl is 3 weeks and some odd days into flower. I recently set up my filter and fan and have left it on 24/7. Does anyone have any experience with this and could you fill me in? It has eliminated the smell so if it needs to be on 24/7 that's no problem. (Maybe a break once a week)
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

My exhaust fan/filter runs all the time. It's been on high speed since it was plugged in on May 31, when the plants flipped to 12/12. I'd be afraid to turn it off even for an hour during flower. It vents used air, but it also extracts heat and humidity.

Comment

Did you get the one with the variable speed switch? My 2x4x5, with two 5-gal plants in week 7 of flowering needs the fan running on high all the time to change all the air out in a timely fashion. You could turn it down if you are using a smaller tent.

Comment

• Gjourney101
        Gjourney101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right as I went to order they sold out of the bundle (with ducting) so I had to get a different model. I'll tag you in the setup post I made. It runs at one speed as far as I know but it definitely sucks the walls in

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a variable speed fan with carbon and run it all through flower with the carbon filter. In veg I remove the carbon filter as smells are dramatically less and run the fan as needed to help control temp and humidity.. Then I use the carbon again soon after the plants go into flower.

My giant fan filter has been on since i got it...never turned it off or up lol. Been running on low speed since day one.. It's overkill for my size tent, but i smell nothing.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Thanks guys it's staying on 24/7. Definitely eliminated all odor
        Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
        FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

@Gjourney101...I'm sure you know this but the speed controller will give you more options for setting the right fan speed for your grow space, conditions, etc. A speed controller will also let you buy a bigger fan and run it at a slower speed. You'll want negative pressure. In other words the sides of the tent need to suck in. And yes, leave the fan on 24/7 as it will exhaust stale air and bring in fresh air. That will help with temp and RH.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Gjourney101
            Gjourney101 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes the tent walls definitely suck in. By a good inch or so. I put a ripped piece of paper on the screen and it definitely sticks (since air is sucking in). I can't invest in another fan right now but the one I planned to get was a variable speed. Other than that I don't even need a clip on fan. The air being pulled in is actually blow through the entire canopy and is lowering RH. With the AC, she sits at a cool 70.4 degrees F with 43% RH. I'm liking it so far. I found out " 4 inch " filters are referring to the diameter of the tube not the length 🤣

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            That's awesome GJourney101...sounds like you have it dialed in and that's what ya want. I'm just curious. What do you mean, "I put a ripped piece of paper on the screen." ?

• Gjourney101
            Gjourney101 commented
            Editing a comment
            I needed to know if there was suction at the bottom of the tent where air is being pulled in, so I took a small piece of ripped paper and put it up to the screen. It didn't fall when I let go so there's good suction

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X