Are the tops of these ready to harvest? 1st time grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the tops of these ready to harvest? 1st time grow

Here are pics of the main Colas of my 2 gorilla glue autos. I think the red is from stress of over feeding a few weeks back, at least that’s what I gathered from people.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	426511Click image for larger version

Views:	232
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	426512
    and here are pics of the whole plants Click image for larger version

Views:	235
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	426513Click image for larger version

Views:	231
Size:	3.97 MB
ID:	426515

Another question, why is the redness predominately on the top of the canopy? Is it stress from the lights? I don’t have room to get a photo of my full setup.
    Attached Files

I am just now getting close to my first harvest myself and, without being able to see a good closeup of the trichomes, I would say they are not ready yet. There are still a lot of white pistils and the buds do not look fully developed to me. I think a statement or a picture about a close up view of your trichomes on the buds would help.

Comment

The red on the top leaves is normal. All the energy is going to the buds so the leaves die off. What week are you at total? My GG autos hit 10wks yesterday and still have another week to go I’d say. Here’s a pic of them a few weeks ago just so you know the coloring is normal. Lights are off right now or I’d take a pic of them almost bare since I remove the leaves as they die off.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hrrmph
        Hrrmph commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok. Those are some fat buds! I hope mine get bigger. I know I made a lot of mistakes so I’ll be happy with whatever I get. I don’t actually know how old they are. 10 weeks at least, maybe a bit older.

Click image for larger version

Views:	247
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	426533 Close up

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Your tris are pretty much white so it may be ready, definitely time to start flushing if you haven’t already. Mine are mostly white but there’s still some clear, especially when you go further down. Ive been growing a long time but this is only my 2nd time growing autos. Your first time growing them look way better than my 1st attempt so great job! With photo types I prefer to have some amber trichomes but on my 1st auto grow they never turned amber so once all the leaves died off I harvested. There’s always conflicting information on any subject but I’ve read that some autos don’t turn amber and that they’re ready once all white. GG autos are supposed to be ready 8wks into flower and mine started flowering on day 22 so I’m going to let them go until Wednesday then turn the lights off, give em 48hrs of darkness then chop down Friday.

And thanks to you bboy! So, what is your or anyone’s opinion of harvesting a little at a time? I have read you can do that but it seems like most people harvest the whole plant and I don’t know why.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve always Harvest the whole plant.
        Waiting 2 more weeks for the last buds, is for me not worth it.
        2 weeks after harvest I’m already started on the next grow, seedlings popping up.
        But if you have the time or patience for it, then it’s possible to harvest a little at a time.

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        I agree with CaptainWiese91. The tops are always your prime buds. If you removed them to allow the lower buds to grow some more that would put your next grow 2-3wks behind. If you’re growing for personal use and keep your grows going continuously you’ll have more bud than you can smoke after a couple grows and all that larf underneath gets tossed cause it won’t be worth the time of trimming.

I see. When it comes time I may just do the whole thing then. I am planning to immediately plant 2 more and I’m really looking forward to using what I’ve learned so far.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly!
        What training did you apply to the girls in this grow ?

No training other than removing dead leaves. I read that while training is important, with autos it can be detrimental if done incorrectly. I was already learning so much I thought why risk it? Also my tent is 2x4x8 so I actually have more room vertically than horizontally. I didn’t know it during veg but the stretch that happened during the beginning of flower essentially filled the tent horizontally so I don’t know how it would have fit if I had lst’d them. Maybe I have that wrong though. I have to admit pruning and training really intimidate me and I don’t feel I have a firm understanding yet. Any advice would be appreciated.
      Last edited by Hrrmph; 07-12-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Read the tutorials on training my friend

I will again and then some more! I mean I can see by photos that my plants have a lot less bud than an experienced grower would get and training is a big part of that. I just am taking my time and it is true that mistakes are less forgiving with autos, which is what I will be growing until I run out of seeds. I really appreciate the responses!

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea i know that about autos. I’ve grown 50-60 autos before I even started on photo strains..
        If you are not comfortable with it yet, then wait.
        I think I had 5-6 grows before I even used LST,
        But I didn’t have this site when I started growing, so I made all possible mistakes I could 🤦🏼
        I like the way you are thinking. Caution is important, but so is experiencing also 😊.
        Make a grow diary your next grow, and I will follow 👍🏻

For your next auto grow, try this simple LST and you’ll be amazed at the results compared to letting them grow naturally. When they’ve grown 4 nodes, set up a anchor around the base of the plant to keep it in place going one direction like to the right then gently bend the plant over on its side the opposite direction of your anchor and use some type of stake to hold it down. By doing that so young when it’s flexible there’s zero stress as long as you’re gentle and you’ll open all those lower colas/bud sites to more light. As they grow tall use something to keep them spread apart so they get plenty of air and light. Pic is a example of what you’re going for
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hrrmph
        Hrrmph commented
        Editing a comment
        I will do that! What do you think about space though? The tent is 2x4. Can I fit 2 autos with them all spread out like that? Or should I just grow one but get more out of it? If I do two I imagine I will have to do a lot more defoliation to give the buds access to the light, being that the buds will be bigger and the canopy wider...I have read so many different things about removing leaves and lower branches and even buds that you know won’t get big. It’s a lot to learn,

I currently have 4 autos in 2 gallon pots and a photo plant I just moved into a 7 gallon pot in a 2x4 tent. Autos don’t get that big. As for defoliation and removing limbs I leave that for photos. I don’t do much that stresses autos

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have 60 autos experience 😁
        Before I even dared to try photos🤦🏼
        Genetics is the word of course..
        Never tried the Gorilla glue auto, good smoke ?

• bboyfromwayback
        Editing a comment
        Our experience is the complete opposite lol

This will be my first time trying Gorilla Glue but I’ve grow Glueberry before which is GG & Blueberry. Sticky sticky, really hard to cut up and these plants are the same. Pull a dead leaf off and it sticks to your hand 😂 lives up to its name

• CaptainWiese91
        CaptainWiese91 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds awesome 😍

Ok well then I’ll def try to do two more plants next grow. This grow the plants really seemed to fill the tent horizontally but maybe with proper training I can make better use of that space and get more buds without running out of room. No matter what I will try the simple lst bboy suggests. Also maybe if I keep my light closer the ladies won’t stretch as much as this time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X