Grow Diary Kinda Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Diary Kinda Thing

I’ve been missing my daily care for my girls so I’ve decided to start another grow. https://imgur.com/a/Y9cZpAz
    Started with 3x RQS fat banana photos left from last purchase. I lost one as it started growing in on it’s self and I was too late to save it. I also have a couple of bag seed from my last grow (either fb or critical). Everything is being grown in 2/3 coco 1/3 perlite with clay pebbles for drainage. Big pots are 3gal fabric. Light is a variable HPS, currently on reduced 250w for seedling/veg stage. Humidifier on 24/7 at max output during seedling and veg stage (currently around 55% but will get it to 70% + with some mods). Extraction has been upgraded this week to a 6” fan and filter (may have to reinstall my old 4” during this stage as it’s sucking out all my humid air too fast!). Feeding them on Cana coco A/B at half strength but will increase to full once they get a bit bigger. Cal mag added at every feed. I intend to top all plants and train or manifold them to increase yields.

Was your critical from RqS too? I have that strain and I’m very disappointed with it. Want to hear about your experience

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Btw the legendary punch is the best smelling strain I’ve ever grown and I usually run cookie crosses

• MagicMike66
      MagicMike66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah rqs. Tbh the results on it were phenomenal, biggest and most dense buds I’ve ever seen. Vg to smoke as well. What were your issues with it? I’ll check out those stinky buds you mention below too!

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      well the two phenos i grew had very little effect and a very common smell, yeah it makes huge colas but i dont really want to smoke them

That’s a bummer man

Comment

Looks like at least one of my bag seeds is a mutant so it’ll be interesting to see how it grows.

Comment

Added a few more girls to the tent. Going to grow these as solo cups just for fun to see what I get

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Why not and good luck.

Starting to notice a difference in size now. The plants in the 3gal pots are getting topped tomorrow. All 6 new bag seed (solos) have sprouted and starting to show first set of leaves. Still feeding them half strength nutes. Will increase once they start to get a bit bigger and hungrier.

Comment

The big girls were all topped a few days ago and seem to be fine. Ended up potting on the solos into larger pots too. Upped the light to 400w since they’re getting bigger. Now feeding at full strength every other feed, inc the smaller plants.

Comment

For some weird reason these pics go sideways no matter what orientation so soz for the sore neck.
            Tent is now starting to have a nice smell when I open it so now the fun starts to begin. Girls are thriving after being topped. One may have been fim’d. Some LST done and a bit of defol removing only huge fans. As you’ll see the mutant plant is continuing to grow in a strange way but I’m leaving it for now. I also realised all the smaller bag seed additions are being grown in soil/compost/perlite mix that is normally use for the garden so I’m gonna need to start making 2 batches of feed now. Not a fan of growing weed in soil but may just leave them instead of transplanting again

Comment

Second defol today. Everything seems to be growing good but need the small pots to catch up so I can flip em

Comment

Heavy defol done to get them ready for flipping. Small pots will be what they’ll be. Can’t leave the big ones much longer or the tent will be bursting once they flower

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now don't be like me just leave them recover before you do anything more LOL. My tent is packed with 4 large photos it's going to be wild grow to keep them down.

• MagicMike66
                  MagicMike66 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yip Going to leave them for a few days then flip them Sunday I think. No signs of stress today so far so good

Currently growing 9x fat banana from RQS also, fun to see you yours Develop for sure 😎
                Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• MagicMike66
                  MagicMike66 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice. Just wait till they flower. The buds are super sticky and packed with resin!

• CaptainWiese91
                  CaptainWiese91 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wanna male the flip to 12/12 today, when I hear that 😋

Starting to stretch now. Still not flowering yet but getting real close

Comment

I redesigned my draining racks that the plants sit on to improve on the cramped tent. Each plant now has its own tray that I can move around.

Comment

No matter how I upload these pics they come out sideways! First sign of pistils this morning though

Comment

I have a 100% success rate on the bag seeds, all females. All plants are now showing early signs of budlets. I’m hoping all the seeds I have are fem as I have a ton of them in my fridge! One final defol to be done in approx a week.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                        9fingerleafs commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You’ll find a hermie here and there overtime but in my experience 99% turn out fine females if you don’t mess them up. I know strains are different but that’s just very common. i Don’t know what I would do without my homemade fem

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X