12/12 help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12/12 help?

Just switched to 12/12 on the 5th its starting to really fill up my tent should I prune some of the bigger fan leaves or what should I do trying to get a decent yield off my first grow any pointers I should know?
    Attached Files

Snip snip might be a good idea - take off the larger fan leaves laying around the bottom.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I trim every 2 weeks. Just did last night. START FROM THE TOP IF YOU TRIM. Also, tie your biggest colas towards the edges of the tent
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

There’s some good articles on this site about defoliation before and during flowering. You need to open her up and get some light to all those bud sites, especially the ones in the center because right now they’re being deprived of both light and air. Take off the big fan leaves from the middle down but leave the bud sites and sucker leaves. If you remove the top fan leaves you’ll actually hurt your yield and quality, they’re the engine driving the whole thing.

Comment

Ok cool so I should definitely start that

Comment

I quess ill take off a few them snap a few pics hopefully i can get the hang of this and not stunt or kill my plants

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              Less is more. You don’t want to strip it bare, just enough to get some light in on those bud sites. For your first grow go lightly, just to be safe, then when the buds mature and it’s close to harvest all those small larf buds down low that didn’t mature properly because they didn’t get enough light will give you a better gauge of how low to strip it bare. Growing indoors there’s a point where everything below it is just wasting energy but it takes a few grows to figure that one out. Checkout this article, she explains it way better than I could lol

by Nebula Haze Introduction to Bud-Based Defoliation What is cannabis defoliation, and why/how does removing leaves from a cannabis plant increase yields?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X