Yellowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing

Hey guys. Question. My plants look really good. Nice green and lush. Noticed that the bottom and inner leaves are turning yellow and starting to fall off. I'm pretty sure I'm giving enough nutes. Only the leaves that don't get sun seem to be affected. Is this normal. Happened last year also but I had lots of problems growing in MG. Really pretty sure it's not nitrogen deficiency. All nutes ph'd to 6.3-6.4. Outdoors, ffof, Dyna grow Foliage pro. Rest of plant looks great. No spots, no bugs.

Sounds normal. I pick them off as they yellow, figure it pushes nutes into the rest of the plant without fighting to keep a dead or dying leaf alive. Dont know if it actually works that way, but sounds good enough to make sense to me.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. That's what I've been doing too.

Some pics. I'm still new to all this, only my second grow. Don't want to blow it now. Seems early to be doing this. Still in veg but getting lots of preflowers.

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      I grow indoors and it seems to be very common (more so indoors) for the lower, older, and shaded leaves to turn yellow and fall off.Not much grows well in the shade, just look (if possible, LOL) at Pam Anderson's and Dolly Parton's feet, small and pale! LOL!!

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      DW2 lol so true.

You are doing fine! That big leaf in the second picture would be gone already if it were mine. It may not be the proper thing to do, but I go out every day and defoliate 5-10 leaves per plant after they hit at least the fifth node, but I typically stick to huge water leaves, any damaged leaves from grasshoppers primarily, and dead or dying leaves. I try to leave the smaller leaves around the budding sites till just before harvest, let those buds get light and more airflow, plus makes trimming easier.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Smerft85. Was concerned with an outdoor grow. Didn't think I would have to defoliate that much. The plants are very thick and bushy. Not much sun to the inside. I do spin them around a quarter turn everyday.

I can pull leaves till I have double fist fulls at this point, and it looks like I haven't touched them afterwards. I've heard that pulling too many of the water leaves can affect the balances in the plant, only time I noticed is last year when I tried taking anything I didnt want to trim off halfway through bloom, even that plant produced a pinch over a pound.

Comment

DW2 ya nut LOL but yes it's normal. Your plant looks great Bowhunterwoody really full. May i say that you could remove some big old fan leaf i would just to keep the air flow going.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SoOrbudgal. I'm going to take a few of the inner fan leaves tomorrow if I can. Supposed to get a tropical storm tomorrow. Unbelievable weather. Either 95 degrees or 95 percent humidity or both. With dew points in the 70s for the past week. Also about 7 inches of rain this past week. Crazy.

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        What can I say, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!

Oh man good thing no flowering. Man it's a mad scramble figuring out where to shelter large plants in the fall. Defoliate real good try taking lots from the bottom for air flow, even those flimsy little nothing branches.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X