Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clone cut during flower, lighting, nutes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone cut during flower, lighting, nutes??

Hi,
    I took two clones about three weeks into flower. They each have a bud. I put them under domes and watered with cal mag only. No nutes yet. Then, I put them next to mama under 12/12. Should I give them more light? I wanted to have another plant or two after mama finishes. Is there a way to put these back in veg? Will they hermie? What do I do with the little flower each has on top? When should I give nutes? Veg or flower nutes? Other suggestions?
    Thanks!

Hello Spanky OK so you took some clones when mom was in flower how old are they now? More details helps alot.......are they in soil now ? Why are they at 12/12?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It is possible to put it back into veg but it can cause a Hermie
      Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
      Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

I have a tent named Frankenstein's Lab...
        I took 4 cuttings each from my 2 newly flowering plants just to see what they would do. Some slips had flowers, some didn't. I didn't nip the buds and those taking forever to root. As soon as I clipped them, roots 2 days later. Never done any of this in my life, but if Nebula says it can be done, I'm going to try it...
        They've been under a dome on 18/6 with a single 100w LED like the kind in my porch light, weak-sauce rooting powder (have Clonex now) and in less than 2 weeks, roots. I took a couple more cuttings a week after, because I was "pruning anyways" and I hate wasting anything, lol.
        The 2nd group had the buds nipped from the get-go, were dunked in Clonex and I spray the leaves with the other Clonex stuff. They are a week in and still looking good. I'll let you know how it all goes!

Comment

Give them at least 18/6 light or they will continue to flower.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ok, I think I have the idea. Go back to veg light schedule and treat as I have always done with pre flower clones. Accidental’s cutting of the bud makes sense to encourage rooting. Otherwise I would expect energy to go to bud. Same as cloning garden plants and fruit and nut trees. I should have thought of that. Will do. Only a few days old so I think they will survive ok. Glad I can use sunlight until I am ready to flower them! I also use a rooting powder and then stick them in coco. They get transplanted into a big pot of coco when well rooted. A moisture dome...or baggie for me...helps a lot.

Hey Accidental, if you never waste anything, try drying and saving up all your trim for canna butter. (See tutorial.) I made some this grow for the first time and it is amazing! No buds, just leaves from defoliation. And, you get the medicine before harvest! Please, just be sure to not drive or take risks until your system clears! And, thank you all for wearing masks and trying to help me!
            Spanks

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
              AccidentalGardener commented
              Editing a comment
              You can call me Accident, lol. Funny you should say that about the leaves because all the leaves are in a grocery bag next to the tent because in addition to reusing things, I am lazy and waiting for the bag to fill up. I hate wasting space in the garbage can, lol. I guess I'll take the dead wire ties, dead leaves, dead scraps of paper and and anything else dead out of there, and then see where it goes. The girls in my tent are typical teens. A lot of drama over nothing. My human boys are grown and I have them to Drive Miss Lazy. Miss Lazy and too stoned to drive, lol
              ps: we are mandatorilly masking now, but it was *strongly advised* by our state govt a while ago. Businesses have been required to turn away those not wearing them. I saw a sign that said, "Are You Practicing Safe 6? Masking for a Friend!"
              Cheers!

hey Spanky , wanted to let you know all the cuttings I grabbed in week 3 or so of flower rooted and reverted back to veg as soon as I nipped those little buds off. I took a few more in week 4 and as of today all have roots, so I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow. A couple of strange leaves, but to be expected. The thing that is really baking my noodle is what you can turn into a cutting. I'm embarrassed by what I managed to resurrect out of my garbage, lol.

Comment

Yes, mine are doing well too. I am using natural sun until they are big enough to flower. Sure saves on power.

Comment

I've done that with Purple Haze. I took four cuttings. Three rooted, one didn't. Two never really got their vigor back but the one that did produced enough bud to put me out of the growing business for a year and a half!
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X