Roots growing through fabric pot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roots growing through fabric pot.

Hello all. Was moving the plants around the greenhouse the other day and my wife noticed some of the roots are growing through the fabric pot on one of the plants. I didn't check all of them but wanted to see if anybody else has run into this. First time growing so this is all new to me. I have the plants in 5 gallon fabric pots with soil and set them on some bucket lids flipped upside down with some rocks to help with runoff. And there are holes drilled in the bucket tops, sorry for not taking any pics. The roots sticking out were about 4-5 inches long. Any advice is appreciated. Happy growing!!

Not enough airflow - pots are self pruning - or - the roots are coming out of the bottom where there isn't enough airflow. Need a better riser.

Or

The pots are right up against something which is blocking the airflow.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

A friend plants his out cloth pot and all, the roots grow right through it, however "smartpots" are made of a fabric that causes the root to split and not grow through easily. If the pot is setting on something and no riser, roots will pop through on most brands.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X