Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flushing?

Hey guys!

I flushed my 1 gallon pot with almost 3 gallon 6.3-6.4ph water (I watered with 10.5L), and the runoff is still this brown/grey colour, but the strangest thing is, the ph is 7.3.. how?

edit: I use a mist humidifier that recommends boiling the water before filling it, which I haven’t because I had to refill it every day and got lazy, so i have just been using water straight from the tap with a ph of 8-8.3.. could this be the reason the ph in the roots are so high?
    Last edited by Ganjaman420; 07-07-2020, 09:43 AM.

I have good air circulation in my tent so the mist doesn’t really sit on the plant, it moves around and out quickly

Comment

It's a possibility. Your soil has minerals that raise ph as wel
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
      FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• Ganjaman420
        Ganjaman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright. What should I do, should I flush until runoff gets clear and the ph is at ~6.5? And maybe turn off the humidifier, I don’t think I need it anymore since I’m just a few weeks from harvest

• Gjourney101
        Gjourney101 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your water will never be clear, if you're running it through soil. You are suppose to flush with 3x your pot size ( 5 gallon container == 15 gallons; ) as an example. But yes, water with low pH (5.8 - 6) to ger the root zone in the correct range

• Ganjaman420
        Ganjaman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have flushed twice by now (once with 11,5L, once with 9L, in my ~4L pot), last flush the ph showed 7, which is an improvement from the original 7.3. Still not optimal but it gets better. Should I continue flushing every watering? Which is approximately every 3 days

I’ve had that before an no issues. I would recommend you get some ph up/down to control your ph as that’s way too high for what the plants need.

Comment

• Ganjaman420
        Ganjaman420 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have ph down, I always ph the water i’m feeding to 6.1-6.5

Sorry I was baked and read your dehumidifier comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X