Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light schedule question

Hello All!

Since my last post, I was hoping that my partner and I would have been able to build a cabinet for my Medicine. Sadly, however, right afterward is around the time when the pandemic really took over the Midwest and everything was put on hold.

So we decided to order a tent, and by 6/8/2020 We sprouted seedlings. Much later than I originally planned, but it is what it is sometimes.

I'm happy to report that our feminized GSC seedlings are happy and healthy and have really flourished since we repotted them from solo cups to a 3 Gal pots on 6/28/2020. A few of them even have Pistols showing!

The only thing is I completely forgot that instead of setting our light schedule with 18/6 to start with as recommended, we have kept them on 12/12... I think I just got the different numbers and schedules mixed up in my head.

My question is: Will this affect our plants in the long term? Or affect our harvesting schedule? Would I need to adjust the light hours, even more, when it's time to switch them to Bloom? And if I have to adjust, would would be the recommended schedule?

This should give you some insight on what to expect. Nothing bad, just reduced yields
    Last edited by Gjourney101; 07-06-2020, 12:12 PM.
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Thank you so much for the video! This is extremely helpful.

So when I set to Bloom, do I need to decrease my light hours to simulate summer/fall light schedules? Or should I leave it on 12/12?

Comment

Genetics play some part in lighting, but a good rule of thumb is 18/6 vegetative, then 12/12 when you are ready for begin flowering

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

If your plant is showing pistils, do not switch to 18/6. Something called revegging can occur and normally nothing good comes from it

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Pics will help, but if you keep them on 12/12s they will flower and finish very small with almost no yield. Plants are reveged all the time, I have a GSC clone that just reveged and is looking nice. I would put it/them on 16/8s (or 18/6s even 20/4s) and in about 3 weeks new growth will be starting. Once they get big enuf or you need to switch then cut them to 12/12s.
            Mine started flowering under 14/10s this year and many did not reveg under 16/8s, those have finished small, the next round also went into flower and is not reveging and now the days grow shorter.

Comment

I took these in my tent just now, under our grow light (which is still in veg). It is the Viparspectra V900 model. all are GSC but the one in the back there is the smallest for some reason.

Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	425226Click image for larger version

Name:	plant 2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	425227Click image for larger version

Name:	top of plant 2.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	425228

Comment

They are looking mighty fine

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
                300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• Cornsage
                  Cornsage commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you! I'm just disappointed in the lighting schedule mishap. This being my first grow, I hoped that I'd get a decent harvest, but now I'm just hoping to get anything out of it at all.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X