Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Male? Female? Both?

Hi All,
    This is my second time growing and I have a few plants I am growing outdoors from a batch of seeds I was given
    by a friend (i.e. no idea what strain etc.). It is now week 9 and I am still not sure what I've got here. All the others were
    easy enough to identify from their pre-flowers but I'm uncertain about this one as it looks different to the other females.

This is the only structure on the plant big enough to photograph and although it looks like it might be female I'm not
    experienced enough to be confident in my assumption. Perhaps more experienced eyes can tell. The plants are still
    very much in veg but this being my first outdoor grow (with this many plants) I am getting nervous about a stray male
    having its way with my precious ladies. Any help would be much appreciated.

That looks more like a new sprout than a pollen sack but I haven't been at it long enough. Is that the only one? Are there other areas on the plant? Best of luck with your grow.

Comment

Do you have a shot of the whole plant, or at least a bigger area? It looks like a strange growth - not someplace a healthy plant would be sprouting anything it was supposed to at 9w - cannabis or any plant. The outdoor component of your grow gives you some pretty big choices as to culprit. Is the black in the picture part of the sprouty-growth thing?

Comment

White pistils. Female. Just keep an eye out in case it hermies
        Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
        300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
        FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

Thanks everybody for the quick feedback. The plant in question does have a couple other similar, tear-drop shaped structures but without the little hair coming out.
          The black and green thing in the picture is actually an insect (still there today). I guess I'll sit tight for a few days. Hopefully, the plant will tell me.

Comment

• AccidentalGardener
            AccidentalGardener commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol, no wonder I thought it was a strange growth...it was literally a bug :P
            I didn't see the other thing, which appears to be a pistil sticking out.

Ok, great. That's what I was hoping to hear. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X