• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good filter fan combo?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200706-082747.png
Views:	153
Size:	335.9 KB
ID:	424760 Hey guys. C-Filter time. I'm getting a bundle and am wondering if this bundle is good for a 2 x 2 x 4 tent?
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

I have this Vivosun fan and filter set up for my 2x4x5 tent. It's been running non-stop since June 1. The rheostat type speed adjuster is a nice touch, but it has to run on high with 2 plants that are 3ft tall.
    Since I'm new at this whole creating indoor-weather thing, all I can tell you is my experience.
    I have it set up on the outside of the tent to make more room inside. It's in the garage, against a shared inside wall and I cannot hear it inside the house. It seems to get the job done, although I don't know how hard the job is going to get if summer ever gets to the PNW. I don't have an intake fan to force air in yet, as it's been okay so far.
    My girls are in flower and they are getting a little dank. The filter keeps all cannabis smells contained unless the tent is open. I got the filter and the fan together, but not duct or clamps. I got those separate at the hardware store.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...1?ie=UTF8&th=1

I am having a little trouble with humidity, but it's my first grow, so I'm hoping to learn from this. If I had to do it over, I might get a 6" fan, but depending on how steamy it gets up here in WA this summer (the way it looks right now, steamy might not be a problem, lol) a 6" might be overkill, and also require an intake fan.
    But for my little zippered foil box of happiness, this setup is working great so far.

Comment

So how loud does this thing run. Do I need to get a noise reduction clamp or is it quiet? I only have one plant, 3 weeks in flowering. Doesn't smell too much yet
      Last edited by Gjourney101; 07-06-2020, 10:02 AM.
      Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
      300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

I live in a duplex and the people upstairs can't hear it. I can't hear it unless I'm in the garage. Even standing in front of the garage, with the roller door open, I can't hear it. That's not saying a lot, but my two roommates don't complain about it, either.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the input. Think I'm going with it
          Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

It should be plenty for a 2x2x4!

Comment

I have a 2x2x4 tent, too, in addition to the 2x4x5 because I am now addicted to growing indoors, as well as outdoors
              The smaller one is Frankenstein's Clone Lab and doesn't have a fan yet

"Those people must have a lot of clothes. There are portable closets everywhere in that house." LOL

Comment

• Gjourney101
                Gjourney101 commented
                Editing a comment
                We could have entire wardrobes with this forum

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X