FML found some thrips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FML found some thrips

Hey everyone, so I’ve encountered a thrip problem wouldnt say its too bad yet. I am on day 15 of flower. I noticed it yesterday but was too late to get any sort of remedy. I took all of the girls out of the tent brpught them outside and did the old shake em like your trying to break em then inspected every leaf and stem of each plant killing any thrip or egg i saw. I then blasted the plants with compressed air to try and dislodge any that I missed.

So here’s my plan for today, and if anyone would like to chime in or elaborate please do. This is a first for me and I would really appreciate any tips or tricks or thoughts that may help.
    Anyway on to THE PLAN OF ATTACK:
    1. Bring all plants out of of tent and outside
    2. Shake em all again to dislodge any loose thrips
    3. Pressure wash the plants ( from a safe distance of course as to not damage the plant)
    4. Use Safers insecticidal soap on tops and bottoms of leaves and stems and in medium? Trying not to spray the flower sights.
    5. Leave plants outside for a couple hours with a fan blowing on them to help reduce moisture in the small flowers starting to form.
      6.Place safers sticky sticks in each pot.
    6. Clean tent with insecticide soap and wait to dry.
    7. Put girls back in their home.

A couple questions I have are:

I usually water with ph balanced RO water will the harsh tap water hurt them? Today is supposed to be feeding day and they need it. Should I feed before I execute my plan or wait till after so I can adjust the amount of water given based on how wet they get from the pressure washing? Or just wait and let them dry before their next watering/feeding?

Thanks everyone of you managed to read all this. Sorry for all the questions butni hate the thought of losing my girls this far along. Eapecially after just battling with temp and humidity and winning that battle

Pressure washer?? Holy shit! How infested are your plants? I had them in first grow(bag soil.fakers came free with the dirt). And i very seldom saw them on the plant..usually crawling on top of soil after a water.
    I used Safers as well and another product. Its best to feed/water your plants, then spray the whole plant(over,under,sideways,down)..next spray the top of the soil liberally.(this is where you do most of the damage to these little turds). Once the top of the soil has dried(like dry, not damp) i would sprinkle some diatomaceous earth all over the top, especially around the trunk of the plant.. any pics of this infestation??
    you should be able to get these in check... good luck
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

Lady bugs will keep them at bay til you finish then clean and pressure wash things.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X