What Does Once a Week Mean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Does Once a Week Mean

I am growing in super/living soil. My first two harvests in this medium were good as far as quality but not so good as far as yield. I recently learned that two producers of this type of soil say that is okay to supplement with nutrients to increase yields. I only wish I had known this at the time of my first grow. I have heard or read that you should only use nutrients once a week. This seems to imply that one is 'watering' more than once a week. So if one is only watering once every 5 - 7 days does this mean that one should only apply nutes with every other 'watering'. I am using Medi One nutrients which are OMRI certified as organic. FWIW OMRI is a higher standard than 'Organic'. My understanding is that by virtue of my nutes being organic I don't need to be concerned with nutrient lockout.
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

If I waited 5 days to water all my plants would be dead and dry. I am outside and organic, I may add a tea every other day as I may water 3 times a day if they need it.

Comment

• Organic357
      Organic357 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am one state east of you. It has been a dry summer here as well. Glad that you guys have some form of legalization. Not sure if you are full legal or just medical.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      It's medical, but anyone that want a license can get one, for now.

• Organic357
      Organic357 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is sad. Cannabis was made illegal based on lies and to provide jobs for government employees who had previously worked for the Bureau of Prohibition. Now this government is acting like it has done us a favor by allowing us to grow a plant that should never have been made illegal instead of being honest and admitting their wrongdoing.

I water when the pots are dried out - nutes/nutes/molasses or a tea blend - that is my feeding regimen.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Organic357
      Organic357 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Canuck147, I did not frame my question very well. Also we may be using the same nutes as my Medi One is from Green Planet. I should have asked if forum members are alternate between watering and giving nutes on a periodic basis?

Tea? What are the benefits?
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's plant food - enhances terpenes

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Many types of tea for plants, compost tea, poo tea (pick your poo), banana tea and on and on and~~~

I did not frame my question very well. What I am wondering is if other forum members using organic nutrients and living/super soil are giving those with every 'watering', every other watering or some other schedule?
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      I use Green Planet nutes - full strength everytime eh

• Organic357
      Organic357 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you Canuck147 but the developer of the soil I am using said, "you'll want to start out at 1/4 strength and work your way up from there so as not to burn the plants by over applying nutrients." I figure better safe than sorry.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      never used hot soil

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X