Lux meters & seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lux meters & seedlings

Does anyone use a lux meter for seedlings? I've had success using a LED kitchen light shining on seedlings in a white bucket. Some of the tightest node spacing I've seen.
    I checked with my incredibly sophisticated $30 lux meter and it read around 9K. I just transferred these to a 2x4 tent and am using QB lights dimmed down by distance and dimmer to 9K. I am going to try this out. Has anyone measured light on seedlings with a lux meter?

Only 9 thousand? That's pretty low. My lights are reading over 40,000. 300W
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• smoorman
      smoorman commented
      Editing a comment
      On 1" seedlings?

• Gjourney101
      Gjourney101 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. When it has it's first true leaves a week later I moved it into that light.

I've got my first and very tight second set but the plants are only 1-1.5" tall. I bumped it to 15K. And I'll report back in the morning. Using the space bucket I mentioned earlier I've had 4" plants with 5-6 nodes.

Comment

Lux meters are not a good method of reading LED's. You need something that measures PAR for accurate LED reads.

"Just remember that if your grow light produces a lot of Infrared or especially UV light (like LEC grow lights and some LEDs), your plants will receive more light than what is being measured on a lux meter."
      An inexpensive lux meter lets you measure that amount of light at a specific point in space - learn how to use this tool to increase your yields!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X