Are these pollen sacs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Are these pollen sacs?

Hello, I am growing a few plants in my sunroom currently, and my plants have been in 12/12 for about two weeks. I am wondering if this plant is showing signs of being both male and female? (I started giving them 12/12 before confirming the sex due to the size of the plants getting too large). It is cereal milk, and I currently have another one of similar age and bud development. However, the other one is not showing the little pollen sacs or whatever they are, and the flowers look pretty normal so far. Thank you for the advice, and I apologize for the low quality pictures. If it is too difficult to tell, I can try taking better ones. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I have several more plants that are up to a month or so younger and I would hate to have these plants pollinated if the plant in question does have pollen sacs.

Definitely. Looks like it hermed on ya 😟

Comment

Get that plant away from the girls!

Comment

Yes those are sacks
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thank you very much for the responses, even though it’s a total bummer.....I was reading an article from this site and I saw something about possibly being able to very carefully pluck the sacs on a herm, if there aren’t too many of them. What do you guys think about trying this?

I would say less than half of the bud sites on my plant have the sacs, and most only have a few. The seed I used was just a bag seed, but the bud it came in this past winter was very nice and actually had a decent amount of underdeveloped seeds in it, with a few mature enough To use. Plus, it was packaged professionally for commercial use, with marketing and everything (sorry, idk if this is the correct way to explain this). I just thought it was curious it had so many seeds but was a commercially available product. It was probably the best I’ve had that contained a significant amount of seeds, so I’m really hoping I can salvage at least part of it. Thanks for everyone’s help

Comment

Thank you very much for the responses, even though it’s a total bummer.....I was reading an article from this site and I saw something about possibly being able to very carefully pluck the sacs on a herm, if there aren’t too many of them. What do you guys think about trying this?

I would say less than half of the bud sites on my plant have the sacs, and most only have a few. The seed I used was just a bag seed, but the bud it came in this past winter was very nice and actually had a decent amount of underdeveloped seeds in it, with a few mature enough To use. Plus, it was packaged professionally for commercial use, with marketing and everything (sorry, idk if this is the correct way to explain this). I just thought it was curious it had so many seeds but was a commercially available product. It was probably the best I’ve had that contained a significant amount of seeds, so I’m really hoping I can salvage at least part of it. Thanks for everyone’s help

Comment

Its the ones you don't see that gets you in trouble, I would move it out
              Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
              A tale of two seeds
              Batter Up Sour Deisel
              Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
              New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
              Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Damn, ok thank you for the advice. I moved the first cereal milk I asked about outside away from my sunroom plants, as suggested. Just have a few more questions....

So after checking my other cereal milk this morning, it looks like this one may have sacs as well...such a bummer. Here are a few pics of the plant in question.

1. This plant also has WAY less potential sacs than the previous one I asked about. I counted about 7-8, but I very well could have missed a few. I understand it a still safer to remove the plant, but does this smaller number of sacs change anything in terms of if it’s salvageable or not? For example, what if I clipped the bud sites that contain the potential sacs? I have about ten main bud sites on this plant with LST, and the sacs are only on a few of them.

2. If the suggestion above is not viable, I am wondering if the only way I could really salvage these is to let them finish flowering completely isolated from everything else? I am just curious how the buds the seeds came from could have seeds and the company still decided to market it? Would that mean the entire grow the buds came from were hermed as well? Sorry if this is a dumb or unanswerable question, I am pretty new to all this.

2. Does the last picture contain a pollen sac, as well? It sort of looks like just some new growth, but I definitely would like a more informed opinion. Thank you everyone for your advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Sure looks hermi to me
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You can take tweezers and attempt to remove all the sacs. I have done this before, but I don't recommend it because if you come across a mature one, you'll disperse the pollen and get seedy buds anyway. Any company that markets seedy buds will suffer badly - you just can't do that unless they're advertised as seedy. If you want to try removing the bud sites with the sacs, that may work, just keep a close eye on the other sites as they will have a tendency to go hermaphrodite as well.

Comment

Thank you again everyone. The first plant I’m going to keep outside for good now, but with the second one I removed all the sacs (about 7 or so) and am going to see how it does over the next couple days or so. If more appear I will remove the plant completely. I removed the sacs on a separate location from my sunroom grow as well. In the process of removing them, I came across this. Is this just a plain female preflower? It sort of looks like a pollen sac that is starting to open up a bit, but it also has a pistil on it.

Comment

• Korn
                        Korn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You are holding a single female flower that has another male flower anther (aka nanner) emerging from it. A hermaphrodite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6D65240-F254-484F-9135-B90AF8B90495.png
Views:	378
Size:	710.5 KB
ID:	425012FortyNation here is a nice growing guide to help with flower ID. See page 15 for diagrams of abnormal flowers.

Last edited by Korn; 07-06-2020, 07:24 PM.
                      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

I would remove it or the rest will get pollinated .

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X