Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Seeds

Hello,
    1- when you get free seeds from a supplier are they good or not good? I mean why are they giving them free with an order?
    2- Also does anyone know how to get seeds (few only) shipped to Australia that will actually arrive and not get confiscated? Thanks

Hi there, I buy mine from RQS and get free seeds,I gave them to my Dad he had a great outdoor grow with them, and they smoked just fine 😍

Comment

It's not really free you're still paying them to get "free seeds". It's a marketing trick to make you think you're getting more than what you're paying for.
      Either way i had no issues with RQS free seeds and i appreciate the random aspect, even tho it means i got the same seeds i ordered. It's the exact same seeds that they sell, same packaging everything.
      Last edited by UnderGrower4; 07-04-2020, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I have had no issues with free seed, the BB3 I am growing this year was the freeby. They gave the seed with the order and doesn't list it for sale. I ask and was told they cannot sell it, but can give it away. No I have no idea why they cant sell BB3 seed.

Comment

Freebies can be two kinds. One is when the seed bank has old stock or seeds that are not selling. Other times breeders make deals to give away their newest dankest strain so people grow it and like it and come back for more. A way to get new strains out there specially for smaller breeders

Comment

My harvested "freebies" were autos. They got the job done but my yield from four plants was a ittle disappointing. That said, it was my first grow and I made several mistakes. I probably got 2-2 1/2 Oz of flower combined. It was acceptable quality and I made a significant amount of hash oil from my trim, larf and some bud.

IMO, the extra seeds are worthy.
            A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I've gotten a number of freebies but haven't used too many of them. I did pop three free Seedsman Blueberry seeds. One is doing OK and being forced to donate cuttings for clones to make up for the two seedlings that damped off. I'm convinced Blueberry is its own species now! Stuff that works for every other weed plant flops when you try it on BB! I also have a Sweet Zombie (Black Domina X Zombie Virus - a damn good idea for a cross) from Expert Seeds doing well. I've given away three free Dr. Seedsman beans to a friend who needed a CBD variety. I have Seedsman Jack Herer & GelatOG, BlimBurn Chemdog, Green House Holy Punch, and sometime soon I will get some Seedsman Skunk #1 and BC Tuna God regulars. I could burn through nothing but freebies through the end of the year if I wanted to.
              Last edited by UndergroundFarmer; 07-05-2020, 12:21 PM.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

My freebies from Farmers Lab seeds - buy 5 get one free - one extra of the same purchase.
                ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Seeds are getting more expensive good strains & breeders are cashing in too bad they don't throw in more than 1-2 .
                  Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                  indoor/outdoor grower
                  1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                  1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                  I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                  Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                  Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                  Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                    9fingerleafs commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I ordered 15 seeds and got 16 freebies from attitude

The amount of seed a single plant makes, I have to agree seeds are way over priced, like a $1`,000,000.00 plant, talk about your cash cow!

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                    The amount of seed a single plant makes, I have to agree seeds are way over priced, like a $1`,000,000.00 plant, talk about your cash cow!
                    sure if can seem expensive at first but keeping hundreds of different strains, breeding and feminizing them while avoiding cross-contamination must not be a simple operation. Also considering you pay 10 bucks for a seed add some water and light and get 100 to 500grams worth potentially thousands means it's not reallly expensive.

Comment

Is there really any difference in these seed and tomato seed? In the way the plants must be grown to keep the genetics clean, I dont think so. I like my tomato, but I am not going to pay $10-20 per seed! I also make MJ seed and my own strains, and give away seed. And what some of the seed these places sell, for me is no more than bag seed, like anyone can cross BB3 to GG4 make a million seed and grow it out. I will buy some seed for the genetics, then make my own and share.
                      All of the free seed I have got have been great.

Comment

you're right of course it is expensive for a seed... i think part of the reason it's so expensive is because the crop is worth a lot.

Comment

• Rwise
                          Rwise commented
                          Editing a comment
                          that and we pay it and are glad to, they have us well trained!

That's what i think that all seed distributors could do is be more generous with free seeds 9fingerleafs that's good PR

indoor/outdoor grower
                        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                          9fingerleafs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah I payed with Bitcoin and waited for a Holliday to get more freebies but just the attitude (no pun intended) it’s different. The website says “if you think you have a better way to get seeds to you let us know” meaning they’ll try crazy shit if you pay for it just to make sure you get your seeds

Well great news for Attitude i'm up to trying someone new.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                          9fingerleafs commented
                          Editing a comment
                          CHEck out in house genetics. That’s what I would get. Slurricane or sugar cane

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X